Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bit of a disclaimer to anyone who likes roguelites/likes
This game has very few ways to game the system. Its fickle, swingy and hides the things that makes things easier behind skill checks (see: the health ups)

Its fun though, but it could be so much more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I am primed for a slew of bad gpuns

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I've said it before but ill go a bit more in depth:
There arent any ways to game the system as you can do in other roguelikes/lites.
The RNG is the only determinant in what you get and you cant influence which of the (very large) drop pools you get much like you can in isaac.
You are guaranteed a shop (with very variable inventory and no private item pool), two chests, and nothing else.
A flawless run is rewarded with only extra health, but not a chance at better items.
Secret rooms dont follow solid rules and usually arent worth the already uncommon and highly valuable resource, a blank, required.

What im saying is every roguelite by design should have ways to circumvent RNG, and gungeon has no such methods baked in.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

vdate posted:

I feel like this, especially the last part, is exactly WHY there isn't as much (or any) way to game the RNG as there is in usual roguelikes (or roguelites) - because it's possible through dint of skill to avoid all damage, full stop. That being the case, there's a lot less need to obviate RNG fuckery. (Practically speaking most players would probably appreciate it, of course, but for a game whose central mechanic is subject to mastery in the way that 'dodge bullets and shoot stuff' is, I can't really fault it for NOT doing that.)

Which is also true of isaac, but since the game scales up health and number of enemies alongside attack pattern difficulty, it should stand to reason you are also scaling up by similar amounts.

Any roguelite where you arent expected to be able to complete with a starting loadout, or that a no item is an unbearable slog by any measure, should have RNG manipilation.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I would've had it so that if you take damage during the boss, you get a health up, while if you get through unscathed, you get a cool weapon. It means those who need the help get it, while those who don't get to brag about it with their gun that shoots doves that explode into sharks.

Since there is a gun based off a boss that exists in the game (and its real good) i would like it as a guaranteed drop for mo hitting that one.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

berryjon posted:

I don't think Scruffy has ever used a table for cover so far in this LP.

and isnt kicking over certain explosive barrels.
Which incidentally are both my favorite things to do. Especially with certain table techs (TT Sight hnnnnnng)

Shame there isnt a character all about kicking.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I found a black chest with dark marker on the first floor

I died to the second floor boss

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I may be wrong but everything in unity is 3d.
2d layering is handled by having the flat 3d objects being physically over each other.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Atomikus posted:

Disregard Projectiles: As Bullet, give yourself Armor of Thorns, Cloranthy Ring, Riddle of Lead, and a Red Guon Stone. You may not pick up or use any weapons that fires projectiles, other than Blasphemy.

The dark souls run
Add in gun soul

• Locked thread