Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

JT Jag posted:

It feels to me that the biggest balance issue for this game is lack of health drops. That it only drops health after a boss if you don't get hit punishes the type of player who needs the health drops the most. There's a reason that Binding of Isaac gives you a health up drop after nearly every boss fight: because most players need it to keep up with the curve. You should probably get an extra item or gun for going without being hit, akin to unlocking the devil room.

As an addendum to that, have health pop in during boss encounters at some level of frequency when the player is not at max health. (Probably set health to spawn below 50% of maximum, and then no more than a full heart's worth.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Teledahn posted:

an emotionally stunted, overly muscled, generally hairy being.

Objection!

Male humans are not required by genetics to keep their emotions to themselves, nor do genetics impair their ability to emote in any significant way. Musculature is, likewise, not mandated by genetics. As for body hair, there are men with relatively little body hair (I should know, I'm one of them).

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Bought the game due both to this LP and to previous experience as a scoundrel. :v:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
:ssh: There is actually a Speedrun mode in the gameplay config menu.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Double Punctuation posted:

Didn't all "2-D" platformers on the PSX work in a similar way due to the PSX having lovely 2-D capabilities? I remember that being the explanation for the Saturn port of Symphony of the Night sucking.

The relative lack of 2D games on PS1 is almost entirely because Sony was like "NO 2D, ONLY 3D NOW", actually.

• Locked thread