Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012
if you folks don't like the damage-sponginess, definitely don't play Gungeon co-op. They balance the strength of having two characters by increasing the enemies' health by 40%, but they don't increase your ammo reserves to compensate. Imagine Scruffy's ammo pool at the end of the game, except 40% lower, and maybe without his 100-shot grunt-clearing supermagnum. Turned me right off the game, potentially more than is fair given it's a silly side-mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012

Ayndin posted:

Granted the furthest I've made it so far is the boss of the second floor so I'm maybe not seeing all of the problem yet, but so far it seems no worse than garbage luck with drops in Isaac...
The game most definitely gets more RNG-intensive as time goes on. On floor 2 the enemy life totals are still pretty reasonable, but as you reach floor 4-5 you're looking at a full clip of your sidearm or more to kill the most basic bulletkin and about a full clip of one of the game's "decent but below average" weapons to kill a shotgunkin. Flat running out of ammo (as in, everything except your sidearm and maybe something crappy like a t-shirt launcher or gamma ray) is a pretty consistent risk, particularly since your primary source of ammo is random drops that may or may not happen. Imagine Scruffy's first run, except not finding the single most ammo-efficient room-clearer I've yet to see in the Mega Hand. I've been enjoying the game quite a bit - beat the Dragun on one occasion and came close on another - but the continuously-upscaling health can be really infuriating.

• Locked thread