Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedWraith
Feb 20, 2013

Agent355 posted:

I find isaac way more of a slog than gungeon, enemies on the first floor go down in only 3 bullets and only 4 bullets on the second floor. The pistol is more than capable of handling that. There are a few tougher enemies, the big knight dudes on the first floor take 20 shots right off the bat I think, but thats about it.

Yes. A Gungeon run is more like 'Well, I've got an hour to waste' and Isaac is more like 'Ugggh there goes my evening'. It also doesn't "hurt" as much getting killed in Gungeon because wherever you are it never feels that far from the start. It's "only" five floors after all. In comparison failing an Isaac run on a later level often feels like gambling away your firstborn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedWraith
Feb 20, 2013
Ok, I need sigificantly longer for an Isaac run. It's at least 90 mins for me I think.

Trick Question posted:

Isaac will also occasionally give you red hearts, while empty heart containers in gungeon are basically a running total of how many times you've hosed up and serve no other purpose.

Yes. Can you even get health upgrades besides beating bosses flawlessly? That's kinda annoying. Oh you got the boss down to a T and don't need additional health at all? Have some additional health!

I love the dodge roll though.

• Locked thread