Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I've heard the supply drop update nerfed the damage cap on bosses, so they should go down faster if you have high DPS.

Do jammed enemies drop more money? You seemed to be much richer on this run than previous ones, even discounting the one lucky drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

How feasible would a 'no Dodge Roll' challenge be? Outside of Dragun, that is.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Just wait for someone to port over the random weapon switch mode from Dark Souls. :v:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I like how you had five keys and still blew up the brown chest. It's the principle of the thing after all.

Also, the Crossbow with the reload reduction seems like a really solid weapon.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Regarding the Flame Hand, as far as I can tell, the item description isn't just for flavour. It literally does roll for a random amount of damage on each hit. That makes it a bit inconsistent to use, but it's still a fairly decent weapon.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Klaus88 posted:

Door Lords definitely my most personally hated boss. Its impossible to practice him since he randomly appears. He's a real run ruiner.

There's a way of fighting a guaranteed Door Lord and practice his patterns, but it concerns a gameplay mechanic we haven't seen in the LP yet.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

2) You can blow up hidden walls with explosives. Done it with the lil bomber and some other explosive weapon (C4). So the RPG you were carrying around would have let you blow up that last wall

It doesn't seem to work with all explosives, though. The Grenade Launcher doesn't open secret rooms, for example (just another reason why it's the worst). Not sure about the RPG.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

KieranWalker posted:

And my god, the Witch Pistol looks powerful. It was still clearing rooms quickly even in Bullet Hell.

Any of the transmogrify guns is great throughout the entire game because turning an enemy into a chicken is basically an instant kill.

Cryohazard posted:

I'd be more than OK if you just never wanted to do Bullet Hell again. It's boring to play and it's boring to watch, and there's nothing more to gain from doing it (as far as I know). I feel like it'd be a win-win.

I enjoy seeing scruffy take on Bullet Hell because it seems to be the only place in the game that still legitimately terrifies him.

It's not a proper victory unless you full clear, though. :colbert:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

I have gone from not being able to get past the first boss reliably, to not being able to get past the second boss reliably. Progress?

That's just the way it goes. Eventually you'll be beating the Dragun constantly and wondering why you ever died on early floors.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Sure. He can also pee on fuses to prevent chests from exploding.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

The Scarf is completely overpowered if you know how to use it and absolutely awful if you don't. I fall firmly into the second category, so I almost never pick it up.

Cheesing Wallmonger with it is kind of fun, though.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Nalesh posted:

I heard the scarf actually works really well when using a controller, while it's awkward as gently caress with kbm.

Other way around, I think. The Scarf is very powerful with K&M because you can instantly teleport across the room, which is harder to pull off with a controller.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Other good blue chest weapons: Glacier (this saw Scruffy through a boss or two the run before last), Barrel, Mahoguny, Poxcannon, Banana, Siren, Sniper Rifle...

Elephant Gun, Balloon Gun, Membrane, and Tangler as well. Blue Chests own.

Also, Crown of Guns + Remote Bullets (coincidentally both Blue Chest items) is one of those combos everyone ought to experience at some point.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

The boss room you've encountered is a weird map generation bug. It's incredibly rare, and I have no idea what causes it.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

On the note of explosions opening secret rooms I think it's to do with the fact that explosions blank bullets, and they probably copied that code from the normal blank, which gives them the same interaction with secret room walls as a normal blank.

AFAIK, the only two explosions that can open secret rooms are the Bomb active item and Lil' Bomber (since it fires bombs). Nothing else works. So there must be a specific exception for these two items in the code.

Interestingly, the Dark Marker can't open secret rooms either, despite its charge attack firing a blank-like effect.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Quite possibly. The Bomb does have a synergy with the Bow, so it's probably meant to be a Zelda reference.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

amishjosh posted:

Anyone know what this door is? I've run into it twice in a row now, wasn't able to enter the first time, it booted me out and took a half heart. Just ran into it again on the next run.

If you ever come across this door again, shoot it with a water-based weapon for some fun times.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Samovar posted:

What happens? (In spoilers, plz)

If you shoot the mouth of the door with a water-gun, it'll spit out a random high-tier item.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Samovar posted:

I think the developers boosted the Corsair, because I used to hate it, but it's frankly a great room clearer now and, so long as you can dodge, it's great at bosses too.

IIRC, it didn't home in on enemies before the Supply Drop update, making it much harder to use effectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Everyone knows ejecting shells are cool. Therefore, ejecting more shells than logically possible is even cooler.

Frankly, I'm hoping for a future gun that will drown you in casings like that one scene in Hot Shots! Part Deux.

• Locked thread