Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016
I'm glad you're showing this off. It's always seemed like it'd be right up my alley (being both into the genre in general and in the particular demographic that I get all the references), but the general Internet reaction has made me hold off. Seeing it in action suggests to me that the main complaint--ammo drops are vanishingly rare--may be true, but a playthrough is short enough that guns are more or less disposable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

sheep-dodger posted:

Antibodies are overpriced garbage scruffy says as he pays 90 casings and proceeds to get 6 half hearts from them that would be worth 180 casings if bought in a shop.

This puts me in mind of a challenge:
Bury Me With My Money: don't purchase anything from shops. Gambling is allowed.

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

Olesh posted:

I'll pretty much always blow all of my money on the Y.V. shrine whenever it shows. Because the chance scales linearly, spending 60 casings on three uses of the shrine means you now have a 11.1% chance for Pop to trigger - a hair over 1 in 9 shots in average. Getting a fourth use out of it (at a total cost of 100 casings) brings the chance to 14.8%, which is a bit over 1 in 7 shots.

Sadly, it would cost 3780 casings to use the shrine enough to get guaranteed Pop on every shot.

Since Pop can trigger off Popped shots, wouldn't a guaranteed trigger mean firing once causes an unending stream of bullets?

• Locked thread