Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

You think Hoji is gonna want his mask back?

I'm sure there's a million other Devolver Easter eggs in this game if I just look close enough, this one just stood out to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is this that rocket launcher you were talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xggMwkGnbhw&t=33s
It's the first scene in the supercut, if the timestamp doesn't work, I just skip some slow buildup.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Welcome back, Scruffy!

Arcade Rabbit posted:

At around the 24:30 mark, when the giant mushroom monster spawned, it glowed red and looked to launch a bunch of Jammed Spores before reverting back to its standard palette and attacks. And I missing something? Why did that happen?

There was a Jammomancer buffing the mushroom monster; then it was spooked and its buff was lost.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jade Star posted:

ah right. wasn't reading the thread, your video just showed up in my 3am youtube recommendations of what to watch instead of going the gently caress to sleep.

:same:
At least it's a fun distraction from my busted AC.

Count another sale of this game to come out of this LP.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

IronSaber posted:

Do a high curse run, but give yourself the Silver Bullet. :v:

Bloodborne gimmick run. As the Hunter, spawn the Trick Gun and the Silver Bullet. Those and the Hunter's starting weapons are the only weapons allowed.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just for grins, I decided to cheat myself a max-level Ser Junkan.

The command line won't save you from being bad at this game, though.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

berryjon posted:

He would still have to dodge roll to get through certain trap rooms.

Give him a balloon gun, for those rooms where he must cross gaps.

If the balloon pops, he dies.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jade Star posted:

There is something weird and totally random that bothers me about some of the guns in this game. Like the polaris. When you fire the polaris it animates a shell casing being ejected. Neat touch, totally normal. cool. But when you reload the Polaris, it shows an entire clip worth of shells being dropped onto the floor. Each bullet is getting two casings. One ejects when you fire it, and another sits around int he magazine until you reload and then gets dumped on the floor. Why does this happen?! And why does it bug me so much?!

I noticed the same thing with the Sawn-Off Shotgun that the Convict starts with. It ejects a shell every time it fires. When it reloads, it dumps as many empty shells on the floor as it had to reload.

Graphical oversight? Or a manifestation of Ammomancy?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Samuel Clemens posted:

Everyone knows ejecting shells are cool. Therefore, ejecting more shells than logically possible is even cooler.

Frankly, I'm hoping for a future gun that will drown you in casings like that one scene in Hot Shots! Part Deux.

Get this: a gun that fires casings. And ejects casings as it fires. Better if the dropped casings could ignite monsters or something for a moment after they fall.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Huntsman and Excalibur have the same reload-swing effect as the Fightsaber, but without reflecting bullets.

The Tediore reload-grenade effect from Borderlands 2 might work in this game. Leaving bullets in the magazine makes for a more powerful explosion, but here it would chew through your ammo supply even faster than normal guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Aumanor posted:

I have a suggestion for a run but it hinges entirely on an item you haven't unlocked yet.

"someone think up a name because I'm bad at this" run:
Give yourself Lament Configurum at the beginning of the run. The only items and guns you can pick up are those spawned by it. Possible (if you think it'll make the run more interesting) exceptions for items dropped by one or more of: munchers/mimics/bosses/challenges/post-room chest rewards)

half-assed name suggestion: "iron price"?

"No Tears Please (It's a waste of good suffering)"

When you're cheating using the command line to give yourself stuff, what you have unlocked doesn't matter. I think Ser Junkan is the only item that unlocks itself when you pick it up.

I killed the Pilot's past last night, hoping if I could see Ammonomicon entries for his ship's guns and missile pod (there are none). I wonder if you could cheat yourself those weapons and the ship transformation. Start the game as that, maybe add Wingman, and pick up no other items throughout the run. Call it "Honey, I Shrunk Our Ship".

• Locked thread