Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Green Intern posted:

I found Table Tech Money the other day and was sorely disappointed when it gave me one casing every three or four tables flipped instead of every single table. Wish I had known that before I spent all my money on it.

TTMoney is one of those things that's just awful on it's own, but synergises really well if you get other table techs because they all flip at once. (except for Rocket...). Once had that, TT-Blank, and the Gold Ammolet. Instant room clears when you flip a table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Xarn posted:

Speaking of jammed bosses, I just fought jammed high dragun. Thanks to ultra lucky drops, it wasn't even hard (if I didn't forget I had blanks, I would even get easy master round). :v:

The Dragun isn't close to the most difficult boss as well, as all the attack patterns are predictable and choreographed. The chasing breath is the worst if it starts when you're central. Daggers can screw that up, mind. I tend to find high priest and kill pillar chase patterns as the worst for taking hits.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Choco1980 posted:

Seriously. Otherwise I'd just start blowing up chests willy nilly once I got it and make a super weapon.

If you're running the supply drop beta, blowing up chests will (probably) get you a super weapon.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
The Supply Drop hits later today! Waiting for it to happen so I can claim my Challenge Mode win achievement. (I suspect it should be able to pick it up as I have the reward item unlocked.)

Also, on a hilarious run note, ended up with Helix Bullets, Scattershot, TT Sight, Bundle Of Wands, Ancient Hero's Bandana, and Angry Bullets. On one run. And the Jammer and Cog of Battle for bosses. (As an interesting note, with accuracy up items, more of the Jammer's notes spray forward...)

ALL BECOMES CHICKEN.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Lazy Bear posted:

Not gonna lie, good luck.

I think it's more likely to be a flat panel design in the Hollow?
Though at that point you should have a lot of ammo, or a gun reserved for wall shooting anyway.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Hahahaha oh god this update gets more amazing. Is it kosher to discuss spoilers here?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

dscruffy1 posted:

Everyone's going to have a different experience, so unless it relates to floors that haven't come up yet or pasts that need to be killed or secret characters I don't know about (I've exhausted the base game and haven't touched supply drop yet), go for it!

If it does relate to those things, I'd say go to the Games Gungeon thread for now.

I've dropped it in the main thread. Read at your own risk, etc.

On none-spoilery notes, a lot of the new layouts are pretty good, and some of the new items are interesting. Magic bullets are very powerful (transmog owns and is why I think most guns with it should be A tier).

Kind of wish there was a mode to buy items to start with for Hegemony Credits though. I want to, at least once, just stack every single one of the shot or bullet-duplicating items, and go to town.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

KieranWalker posted:

I'm late on this, but how are you supposed to differentiate walls that aren't facing the in-game camera? It's easy to see on a north wall, but how is it visually represented on an east, south, or west wall?

Look at the top row of bricks. It's still visible.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Trick Question posted:

I zoomed in in paint. Not a rigorous analysis, but I'm sure that's the exact same color as the rest of the "top of the wall" bricks.

Unless you mean the top row that's still room-facing, which isn't visible on the side or bottom walls either.

This is how a bottom wall secret looks. It's still pretty visible. (Also note: Mimic! Which gave me Chance Bullets! And the secret room is double keyed. This is gonna be a good run.)

Edit: Update - And the second boss dropped Black Hole Gun. And I've got a MAC10. Teeheehee!
Double Edit: And now Mourning Star. Which goes off pretty regularly due to it's high ammo count, a Black Market with Shelleton Key (And me having steal!) Only thing that could make this run more stupid at this point would be Clone.

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 28, 2017

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Haven't unlocked the Makeshift Cannon, but from the Wiki it looks like it would probably one-shot a boss. Does anyone in this thread actually have it unlocked? I've played this game to the point that I've unlocked everything besides the last few hunting quest guns and am still only part way through the one that requires me to kill 30 Shelletons. Did people actually grind out that quest using the shortcuts or just use a cheat engine or something?

Grind, grind, and grind again.

And I've unlocked almost everything bar a couple of items from Supply Drop that require killing certain enemies a lot of times, with a 51/51 achievement count.

Worst thing is - the Makeshift Cannon is actually kind of miserable. Yeah, it hurts a lot, but unless you get extremely lucky and end up with Ancient Hero's Bandana as well, you still aren't killing a boss with it. Yari Launcher I think has more damage potential vs bosses. There are a lot of things I'd rather see drop from S-Class. (Also things I hate seeing. Heart of Ice from an S-Class chest is swear-worthy...)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

MJ12 posted:

I think it's more a reflex problem than a 'this is actually bad' problem. Said item, as far as I can tell, has literally zero recovery time and gives you iframes and a short range bullet clear upon reappearing. The thing is that it behaves very differently from the standard dodgeroll (and has its secondary aimed effect) which means your muscle memory is probably fighting against you when you get it. As a bonus, because it's a randomly spawned item that you have no guarantees of getting, you won't be able to get much practice with it. The margin of error on the item's blink is actually greater than the dodgeroll's, because if you end on a bullet with a dodgeroll you take a hit, while you clear all bullets in a fairly close range when you reappear using it.

I feel that it would be much better if there was some way to start a run with a certain item using Hegemony Credits, because it's definitely an item which seems like it would only be good when you got used to the unique mechanics.

I think if the short range blink triggered quicker, like a dodge roll (and you can short-range blink, just pretend you're rolling!) it wouldn't be as bad either, but the timing itself changes, and THAT screws you more than anything.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... It's Klobberring Time!

Use nothing but the Klobb, with all ammo increasing items. Don't pick up the Cog of Battle if it drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Good LP, I agree that it's a good time to end things since there isn't much left to see. Glad you showed off the Railgun + Ring of Triggers + Sense of Direction combo I posted a few pages back, it's one of the more laughably overpowered combos even if there's an internal cooldown on the ring. Makeshift Cannon and Corsair was good as well for obliterating bosses, the Yari Launcher is the other weapon that ignores boss armor but it's not nearly as dramatic.

Devolver have said they plan to work on another, more complete expansion for Gungeon in the future which will have much more content than the supply drop update. Maybe we'll get some more videos whenever that happens.

Mentioned it on the video as well, but it could have been amusing as well to show off triggers/railgun on boss rush, because it has a very interesting property - Boss Rush disables the DPS cap on every weapon! Also fun with stuff like the Alien Engine to show off it's true potential. (As an aside I think that's another gun that should ignore the cap anyway due to the risk of use.)

• Locked thread