Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mootiman
May 9, 2005
I've been having a lot of trouble since I have to use a controller. I'm left-handed, so mouse + wasd doesn't usually work for me, but on the controller it doesn't seem like you can just plop the crosshairs on a boss. I'm always having to constantly fight with one stick to aim while I'm dodging with the other and I'm getting wrecked pretty bad. I wonder if the people having a lot of difficulty are in a similar boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mootiman
May 9, 2005

Or is it Sputnik posted:

I tried KB&M after playing 20h with a controller and found it harder (right handed). However, I feel like I'm progressively getting better so I think EtG just has a very steep learning curve.

Yeah, that might be it too. I find I play really impatiently and I probably could just wait for an opening to shoot instead of fighting with the crosshairs while I'm dodging and ending up getting hit. It just seems like the bosses are a huge slog if you play that way. Binding of Isaac may have gotten me a lot of bad habits for this game too. I wish that every time I moved, it didn't reset where I'm aiming though. I'd rather strafe!

• Locked thread