Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

That's a fair question. I think probably not if they're using pro racer setup just because I don't need anything to deal with jumping 60 feet in the air or quadding anything, but I would think that whoever you get it from would talk with you about it and set it up accordingly. Either way, I still want it.

This week
Dungey
Musquin (I feel pretty meh about this)
Tomac (I think he's going to get a boost from his performance but still think Dungey is better)
Anderson (please try not to hit anyone this week)
Seely (I don't like this either but I don't know who to move down for him)
8th - Reed (old men get tired)

I like the cut of your jib picks, bro.

I have the same top 5 right now with Millsaps in 8th. I may adjust throughout the day. Everyone remember Peick is out if they were tempted on putting him 8th. Is Canard back this weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

builds character posted:

That's a fair question. I think probably not if they're using pro racer setup just because I don't need anything to deal with jumping 60 feet in the air or quadding anything, but I would think that whoever you get it from would talk with you about it and set it up accordingly. Either way, I still want it.

This week
Dungey
Musquin (I feel pretty meh about this)
Tomac (I think he's going to get a boost from his performance but still think Dungey is better)
Anderson (please try not to hit anyone this week)
Seely (I don't like this either but I don't know who to move down for him)
8th - Reed (old men get tired)

wow same except for webb for reed

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Anyone watching live tonight? Come to IRC!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Anyone watching live tonight? Come to IRC!

Not sure if I'll get to or not, it's a day race, right? I'm a single dad this weekend so that might make it hard, I'll see what I can do.

Checking out the qualifying now, looks like it might be a rutty mess for the race tonight. I think that bodes well for Marvin finishing well, and Dungey obviously. Whoops look pretty big, could favor reed. If they get real tricky Marvin will start jumping them real soon, though.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
My dream of a Webb-Anderson feud is dead. RIP.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Great races in both classes. Most of it was said in IRC, but A+.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Yea that was fun chattin' with you dudes and having incorrect assumptions made about my marital status. A+++ would #bieks again.

Overall standings after 5 rounds. buildscharacter with a nice week shoots up to 2nd.

Oakland results:
buildscharacter - 69pts
rifkin (EX250 Type R?) - 44pts
dreesemonkey - 44pts
VTNewb (shacked up with Brenda?) - 15pts
Deeters - 15pts

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Yea that was fun chattin' with you dudes and having incorrect assumptions made about my marital status. A+++ would #bieks again.

Overall standings after 5 rounds. buildscharacter with a nice week shoots up to 2nd.

Oakland results:
buildscharacter - 69pts
rifkin (EX250 Type R?) - 44pts
dreesemonkey - 44pts
VTNewb (shacked up with Brenda?) - 15pts
Deeters - 15pts

My genius plan of getting 4, 5 and 8 right is working perfectly. The podium is for suckers.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

We like to get personal.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Just so you know, Jimmy D was a guest caller on the pulpMX show Monday. Poor guy doesn't have a top-5 bonus, only top-3.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Just so you know, Jimmy D was a guest caller on the pulpMX show Monday. Poor guy doesn't have a top-5 bonus, only top-3.

Wow, that's a real bummer for him, but someone of his caliber rarely gets a factory ride, so maybe it evens out.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Entry list from transworld: http://motocross.transworld.net/new...0KByigyBBG27.97

Looks like we may see Canard and Barcia again! Maybe!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Probably the coolest thing I've seen all week. :qq:

Struggling with my picks this week. Dallas looks to be hardpack and a really short start. I think that makes Eli less likely to win. Big rhythm lanes but Jason Thomas commented that he doesn't see opportunities for big rhythm combos, so again Eli might be further back. Dungey has got to "turn it around" one of these weeks.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
That's great. Isn't his spine OK so he'll probably (eventually) be able to walk again?

This week sucks.

1. Dungey
2. Musquin
2. Tomac
4. Anderson
3. Webb
4. Musquin
5. Anderson
11 - Bogle

I don't really know what to do with 2-5. Musquin can take second if he gets a decent start. It's been a while since Anderson got a good start and if he does I think he can win. Webb seems to be getting better and better so I was thinking about him in second or third but then who do I move down for that? Tomac was passing everyone because he was riding great but also because he was hitting that jump that Dungey et al weren't and I don't think that'll be the case this week.

e: ugh, putting tomac in second and webb third. Sorry, Seely.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I just went to put in my picks and realized that this week's race is earlier. But it's not getting shown on TV until later tonight. Thanks alot, Fox Sports!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Well that was entertaining.

The best ride of the night was Aaron Plessinger in the 250 class. Great to see Marvin on the podium.

What actually happened to Tomac's bike? Did he run 10 laps without a front brake?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Yea, pretty crazy race. These weird finishes are keeping the season interesting. Pumped for Marvin, he's a pretty cool guy and deserves a win. Deano with a 5th, pretty rad for him too!

I'm going to try and get a GIF of Anderson looping and launching his bike, that was entertaining.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Deeters posted:

I just went to put in my picks and realized that this week's race is earlier. But it's not getting shown on TV until later tonight. Thanks alot, Fox Sports!

I don't have a TV service so I paid for the streaming seasons pass, and just VPN in from Chile. It works great. It also plays live, so i didn't have to wait!

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
What the heck is happening this season. Dungey losing to Musquin, tomac stuffing the front end, mookie uh, well, I guess that's normal now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q9Ntcr5g

How did deano get 5th? That's absurd. I got 15 points this week and I think I actually moved up in the overall standings (not in our group ex250 :argh:).

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I keep almost making the right choices and then change them at the last moment only to be originally spot on. I had a gently caress you to trey canard by putting him in 11th but I decided he wasnt even good enough for that and put in dean wilson for 11th.. Traded 25pts for 5.

Still in 2nd tho :v:

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Anyone got anything on the 250 East?

I'm mostly interest to see if Cianciarulo can ever come back to form before he grew 7 feet tall.

My guess is it's going to to be the Savatgy show.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Anyone got anything on the 250 East?

I'm mostly interest to see if Cianciarulo can ever come back to form before he grew 7 feet tall.

My guess is it's going to to be the Savatgy show.

I'm pretty pumped about the 250 East. I'm wondering if A mart can put in some results, the bike seems good. I also hope AC does well, he deserves some success. Savatgy is probably the main guy I would think, unless he does have epstein barr or whatever (his second half of 2016 outdoors was not at all good, that was a theory). I guess Christian Craig is the other "guy", but I dunno how much I buy into that yet. AC or Savatgy is my pick, I think.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

I'm pretty pumped about the 250 East. I'm wondering if A mart can put in some results, the bike seems good. I also hope AC does well, he deserves some success. Savatgy is probably the main guy I would think, unless he does have epstein barr or whatever (his second half of 2016 outdoors was not at all good, that was a theory). I guess Christian Craig is the other "guy", but I dunno how much I buy into that yet. AC or Savatgy is my pick, I think.

Yeah, just chiming in - I think it's probably going to be the Savatgy show as well.

Don't love my picks for this week either.

Dungey (making the comeback, it's been a while since he won and I think he still has the speed to do it.)
Tomac (fast without the front brake issue)
Seely (ugh, what am I doing with my picks?)
Webb (just off the podium)
Anderson (just doesn't seem to be able to get a holeshot and lead a race this year, but still fast)
7 - Musquin (he's either going here or in first/second again and I have no idea which)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
This year is hard. Every week I pick a top 5 I'm always having to leave someone (or three) out

I feel like the wildcard could really be anyone. Reed, Webb, Canard, Deano, Tickle, Anderson, Barcia (back this week)

I also forgot about Zach Osbourne on 250 East, he's training with Aldon. I'm thinking this is the year he finally gets a win.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Tomac making all his bitch once again. Marvin dropping Dungey. Webb falling from heaven and breaking himself. Alex Martin going to the LCQ and then out in the first turn. Pretty good race weekend.

Overall standings after 7 rounds. EX250 Type R and brenda with a nice week compared to the rest of us idiots. I'm barely holding on to my lead and am ashamed with myself.

Minny results:
rifkin (EX250 Type R?) - 42pts
VTNewb (shacked up with Brenda?) - 42pts
Deeters - 33pts
buildscharacter - 20pts
dreesemonkey - 20pts

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Now that the 450 class is so shook-up, my heuristic approach at picks is sure to win!

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
I have no idea who's going to win anymore, but is tomac really going to win eleventeen in a row? If dungey doesn't finish top two I'm done picking him above third (unless someone gets injured).

Dungey
Musquin
Tomac
Seely
Anderson
10-Tickle

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

7PM show time, gonna be watching in #bieks if ya'll wanna do racechat.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I am the ryan dungey of fantasy supercross ama

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

EX250 Type R posted:

I am the ryan dungey of fantasy supercross ama

Why are you wearing jeans with your gear?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Deeters posted:

Why are you wearing jeans with your gear?

I am literally too fat for my gear ATM but that is the depressing reality of winter holidays

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

I am a failure at life. All hail rifkin.

Atlanta results:
rifkin (EX250 Type R?) - 57pts
VTNewb (shacked up with Brenda?) - 57pts
buildscharacter - 40pts
dreesemonkey - 33pts
Deeters - 15pts

Decent race, considering the lack of passing. That sand section wall was brutal

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

I am a failure at life. All hail rifkin.

Atlanta results:
rifkin (EX250 Type R?) - 57pts
VTNewb (shacked up with Brenda?) - 57pts
buildscharacter - 40pts
dreesemonkey - 33pts
Deeters - 15pts

Decent race, considering the lack of passing. That sand section wall was brutal

Metaphorically, I am #36 and rifkin is #17.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Nah I think whacko zacho is going to have the red plate in Toronto.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Nah I think whacko zacho is going to have the red plate in Toronto.

Ugh. I want west to come back. Dakota Alix is our local guy on the east so I can cheer for someone, but because he's out back he doesn't get the TV time.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I'm looking forward to Daytona next weekend. The track looks pretty good, and my favorite horrible starter (Jeremy Martin) is going to be riding on Roczen's 450. I honestly don't expect him to do great since it's not really a motocross track, but he might surprise me. Tomac is practically garaunteed a win here.

Toronto looks like it might be good, long rhythm section and 2 sets of whoops.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I'm trying to decide whether I'll attend Daytona live or not this year. I might be racing the GNCC the following morning at 10AM. Ugh.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Dungey
Tomac
Musquin
Anderson
Seely
WC: Reed

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I'm catching up to you punks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

I'm catching up to you punks

I meant to put Tomac in for first this week but didn't manage to get picks in so it resubmitted the same picks for last week. That's my excuse.

• Locked thread