Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

EX250 Type R posted:

buildscharacter you could always come up to the farm and work on indoctrinating your next generation in the arts of off road dirt biking but the 50cc rental bike price is your have to soil your lawyer fingers breaking a trail :V

also 420pts lol nailed it

If you think I'm not headed there this summer, you have another thing coming. It's my 390. That's the other thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

builds character posted:

If you think I'm not headed there this summer, you have another thing coming. It's my 390. That's the other thing.

Party at EX250's place.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Electric bikes will help with the noise, but there will still be complaints. People were mad about the "noise" from the BMX track I raced at as a teen.

Also, if we weren't spread out so far around the country, a dirt biking goonmeet would be a good time.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

builds character posted:

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Party at EX250's place.

As soon as it starts to dry out, I am going to start to cut poo poo down and work out something worth riding. There are lots of rocks everywhere as well as rock walls plus logs and tires for some trials/enduro poo poo. At the very back of the property are some rock ledges and poo poo that could be neat too. Who knows, sky is the limit etc etc, but I only have a front end loading 2wd tractor, no back hoe :/

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Deeters posted:

Electric bikes will help with the noise, but there will still be complaints. People were mad about the "noise" from the BMX track I raced at as a teen.

Also, if we weren't spread out so far around the country, a dirt biking goonmeet would be a good time.

Or if I had a dirtbike :(

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Or if I had a dirtbike :(

Everything is a dirtbike if you ~believe~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nlq561aT08

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Guys there isn't any supercross this weekend.

So instead I'm going to post and say this is the first time in years I've actually paid attention this long. Good going Dunge/Tomac.

I still am pretty ready for the outdoors - mainly because the streams are free and the commentators are wayyyy better. I also have been to Southwick a few times now so I can compare lap times (lol).

Anyone want to predict if/when we'll see Kenny?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I think Ken will be back for the outdoors. His Instagram shows he's got all the metal bits off his wrist, and it's looks like he's training again. I doubt we'll see him at 100% for the first race though.

This is also the longest I've been able to pay attention to Supercross too. I'm gonna be mad if Tomac or Dungey hurt themselves next week, because I want to see a good race in Jersey.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I don't think Kenny is coming back at all for outdoors. Christian Craig is going to be riding "his" 450.

This is amazing.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
So, any reason to think Dungey has a chance to win this weekend after he's had a week off to stew?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

So, any reason to think Dungey has a chance to win this weekend after he's had a week off to stew?

There could be some merit to that. If his "problems" are physical a week off could have helped a lot.

On the other hand, SLC is at ~4500ft above sea level, and tomac should have the fitness upper hand there.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

There could be some merit to that. If his "problems" are physical a week off could have helped a lot.

On the other hand, SLC is at ~4500ft above sea level, and tomac should have the fitness upper hand there.

Yeah, I couldn't do it. I've been falling behind because every week I think "this is the week that Tomac doesn't win." I don't think we've seen anything that indicates he won't win so f it, I'm choosing Tomac.

1. Tomac
2. Dungey
3. Seely
4. Musquin
5. Webb
10. Mookie

E: I hope dungey wins tonight so it goes down to the line. I think if Tomac wins it's all over. But dungey will need a seriously good start to do that.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I hope Dungey wins because I have him as picked for first like I do every week. Because

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

EX250 Type R posted:

I hope Dungey wins because I have him as picked for first like I do every week. Because

I still think it's fine with jeans. :colbert:

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Why aren't we talking about how exciting the 450 main was?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Why aren't we talking about how exciting the 450 main was?

If you don't regularly listen to pulpmx, I think it's worth a listen to this week's segment where The 722(TM) talks about what it's like to be passed by Tomac.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

builds character posted:

If you don't regularly listen to pulpmx, I think it's worth a listen to this week's segment where The 722(TM) talks about what it's like to be passed by Tomac.

Good recommendation - that was hilarious

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Sorry guys, I've been slacking. poo poo week at work I haven't had much time to slack off (like usual).

builds character posted:

Yea this was pretty drat good.

Man I'm all ready to stamp Tomac for the title, but with two rounds yet I could just see something happening like when we were about ready to crown Roczen after round 2 and Dungey goes away with another championship, haha... That would really suck.

I'm still moderately cheesed that we didn't get to see a Tomac v Dungey v Roczen this year. Tomac is a completely different guy after his "bike changes".

Here's the fantasy standings right now. I did ok with 52 points this week. I may be able to pull the win out if I have two good remaining rounds.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Going with the strategy of "tomac is better" again.

Tomac
Dungey
Musquin
Baggett
Webb
9th - Reed

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I think those are pretty good pics, I needed to change mine up a little

Tomac
Dungey
Musquin
Milsaps
Webb
9: Tickle

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

I think those are pretty good pics, I needed to change mine up a little

Tomac
Dungey
Musquin
Milsaps
Webb
9: Tickle

Makes me feel bad to leave anderson out and agree that Milsaps could easily be up there. I feel like one of these days Webb is going to podium again but...

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Wow, look how wrong I was.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I was excited because my order was almost exact for the first few laps. I keep putting Webb in the top five.

Also, thank you weather gods for making NJ feel like summer today. Seeing the race in person was awesome.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

I was excited because my order was almost exact for the first few laps. I keep putting Webb in the top five.

Also, thank you weather gods for making NJ feel like summer today. Seeing the race in person was awesome.

Did you get to see Tyler Enticknap just dragging that guy at the end of the semi? Looked just brutal but it was the first time he was going to make the main and the finish was ten feet away.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I had a pretty good view of it. You could tell he had no idea what was going on and was just trying to make the finish line. The only thing I couldn't see from my seat was Musquin's mistake on the last lap.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
What a crazy night of racing. I felt sick to my stomach for Tomac, something about that track was just not good for him. I can't believe Dungey is going to win another championship but Tomac had the opportunity and blew it, whether it be bike setup or mental or all the of the above. Got to be pretty crushing.

The 250 race was really exciting too. I think Osbourne is going to pull if off. He and Hill are far and away the fastest dudes on either coast, I could see Zach winning in Vegas and Savatgy finishing in 5th or something and losing the title.

I'm still bummed for Tomac. I wonder what Musquin's pit board said "2x win bonus for 2nd" maybe? I do like Dungey and he deserves to be a 4 time champ, but I was not happy to see that pass at the end of the race, just feels fake.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

The 250 series has been really fantastic. This is gonna really screw things for Savatgy

I can't remember the last time the 450 championship was down to the last race. As much as I want someone other than Dungey to win, I'd still bet on him.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Jesus christ. I can't believe it.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Deeters posted:

I had a pretty good view of it. You could tell he had no idea what was going on and was just trying to make the finish line. The only thing I couldn't see from my seat was Musquin's mistake on the last lap.

Awesome seats. Did you feel watching live was worth it? I've had mixed feelings about the Daytona race. It's hard to see a lot of it.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Deeters posted:

The 250 series has been really fantastic. This is gonna really screw things for Savatgy

I was wondering if he was going to get penalized, on the broadcast they said he didn't go back to do the corner but didn't mention any possibility of a penalty, I guess they probably didn't want to speculate.

My money's still on Osbourne to win the title in vegas, he's been the fastest guy on that coast and all he needs to do it just finish in front of Smith and Savatgy.

I'm still crushed for Tomac, but the weekend wasn't a complete letdown: In F1, for ultimate Hamilton petulance,
Bottas won his first race and Vettel increased his point lead. Pretty much the best case scenario.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Awesome seats. Did you feel watching live was worth it? I've had mixed feelings about the Daytona race. It's hard to see a lot of it.

I thought it was totally worth it. Those seats were like $50, which is about what I've payed at sports car races where I can't see anywhere near as much. I'm guessing the different tracks vary on how much you can see.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Here's my pics for the last round of the year.

0% chance Dungey loses the title. At least my prediction was partially correct from the beginning of the season.

quote:

Ryan Dungey - Back to back supercross champion the past two years and just the most apple-pie golly gosh darn good guy, gee wilikers. Last year Dungey was dominant and earned his way onto a cereal box and into ESPN the body issue. I'm not sure if he or his wife is better looking. Hot take: I'm betting he's going to win his third championship in a row and retire.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Tomac
Musquin
Dungey
Millsaps
Anderson
Reed

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I went with:
Dungey
Musquin
Tomac
Anderson
Webb
Reed

But I want to see the Dungey and Tomac go down in the first corner and fight to get back.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Osborne holy fuuuuuuuuck that was unreal!!!!!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Ugh I forgot to make pix

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Ugh I forgot to make pix

haha same, god damnit

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
You both got 2x as many points as I did and I thought about it so...

Crazy races to finish the year out. I like Osborne's last pass as long as it stays as a last turn of the last race of the year for the championship type of pass and he's not regularly block passing people into oblivion. Tomac's attempts to do to the same to Dungey were funny but if they'd worked? I'm not a huge fan of guys purposely slowing to let someone pass them so that they can block pass the guy into the cheap seats. I don't know, I guess I have mixed feelings about it - exciting racing, good results, just not stuff I'd want to see in any other race.

On to outdoors where Tomac is going to either absolutely self destruct in a hilarious way or win every single race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Ugh I forgot to make pix

I last-turn Osbourne'd you out of the lead BITCH

builds character posted:

Crazy races to finish the year out. I like Osborne's last pass as long as it stays as a last turn of the last race of the year for the championship type of pass and he's not regularly block passing people into oblivion. Tomac's attempts to do to the same to Dungey were funny but if they'd worked? I'm not a huge fan of guys purposely slowing to let someone pass them so that they can block pass the guy into the cheap seats. I don't know, I guess I have mixed feelings about it - exciting racing, good results, just not stuff I'd want to see in any other race.

My stream of the race was terrible so I must have missed a lot of Tomac's shenanigans. I saw an initial pass where Dungey retreated way up the berm and got stuck, but there wasn't even any contact. I consider it all fair game unless Tomac is doing a Grant on Mookie in NYNJ or something on Dungey. Sucks for Tomac, but he pretty much did lose it himself by being so god awful in NYNJ.

I agree he's probably going to destroy all humans in the outdoors this year.

• Locked thread