Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

the one thing that ruined House for me was when someone made me aware that he's the medical Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick Dr. Wilson is a flimsy Watson.

hosed the whole thing up once I saw that.

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
House peaked at the season finale where he checked into the asylum, after that it seems like it changed him for the better but the writers backtracked a couple episodes into the next season and from there it goes directly downhill. Which is a shame, because I love that show.

I will make sure to check this out if I ever get wrangled into signing up for Hulu (does it cost money? I can't tell)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hulu has an ad filled subscription for 10 a month. You can get no ads for 13-14? A month

Not house just pulled his phone down from his face, and locked the screen. Smh.

Oh Brooklyn 99 a character pulled their phone down from a call and it actually displayed the phone call screen, until it rotated to landscape. Because it was a picture of the phone call screen. An crazy way to fail

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

darth_pizza posted:

the one thing that ruined House for me was when someone made me aware that he's the medical Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick Dr. Wilson is a flimsy Watson.

hosed the whole thing up once I saw that.

:synpa:

But you did figure out the formula that every single episode runs on, right?

Sick - Diagnosis #1 - Getting better - Nope, now sicker! - Diagnosis #2 - Still sicker - "Sorry, you're going to die!" - Chats with Wilson (45 minute mark) - House pauses mid-sentence - Cure!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Blistex posted:

But you did figure out the formula that every single episode runs on, right?

Sick - Diagnosis #1 - Getting better - Nope, now sicker! - Diagnosis #2 - Still sicker - "Sorry, you're going to die!" - Chats with Wilson (45 minute mark) - House pauses mid-sentence - Cure!

https://imgur.com/gallery/lcusSFV

It's a loving pain in the rear end to try and get a direct link to Imgur on mobile. I hate it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For the longest time I did not understand mousebites.gif, but then I watched the show. To be honest I don't think the formulaic nature really hurt it all that much, the show doesn't pretend to be about the patients for even a minuscule amount of time unless their story somehow relates to the main characters'.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/lcusSFV

It's a loving pain in the rear end to try and get a direct link to Imgur on mobile. I hate it

Ok, that's pretty spot on. All that's missing is House sexually harassing Cuddy to be perfect.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I thought this thread was gonna be about this (might want to lower the volume first 12 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfChpBtPK2Y

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's "even tho you're right all the time we have to take a stand cause house is 3 years old and we can't REINFORCE his ego!!! Omg"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

our main character tried to murder people. do you think we went too far? nah
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G_FcCzRW9fg

sometimes you have to kill people to heal people

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
See what's gonna happen is they're gonna reach medical perfection, and the doctors won't practice medicine anymore they'll just do it. House will go around resurrecting people from graveyards and having sex with them while munching bottles of archaic surplus pills, and the last episode will be him standing on a dark butte in a storm while eating a zombie baby, blood dripping down his chin proclaiming "I DONT CARE ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING, NEVER HAVE, I JUST LIKE EATING ABORTIONS AND MUNCHING PILLS!"

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
The reviews are pretty awful but it looks like there's a definite second season. Hopefully it will be like The X-Files and settle into itself despite a rocky start.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Lolie posted:

The reviews are pretty awful but it looks like there's a definite second season. Hopefully it will be like The X-Files and settle into itself despite a rocky start.

i haven't read a single review i don't read reviews i don't need to be told how to view a thing i just view a thing myself i always go in blind who reads reviews anyway??

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i used to have people watch movies and stuff before i did and tell me if i should watch them or not, they were my parents and they stopped decades ago

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just don't watch Flaked on Netflix. Even will arnett can't pull that off. It's real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Messed up the cool black detective from the wire who carved model house furniture owns a furniture store in this show

It's sad to hear that detectiving crime finally drove Cool Lester Smooth over the edge.

• Locked thread