Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SunAndSpring posted:

In the recent years, I've noticed that the right-wing has a clearly dominant position when it comes to the use of the internet to sway opinions. Right-wing people are able to form effective brigades to do things like manipulate online polls, negatively review media that disagrees with their views, game systems like Reddit and Google to get right-wing opinions front-page coverage, and more. They also seem to be better at using computers in general, what with the prevalence of bots and DDOSing as tactics used by internet right-wingers. Yet, I haven't noticed any sort of counter-response from the left; nothing is done when, say, alt-right trolls review-bomb a video because it implies that black people are human and not some variety of orc.

It's even more perplexing considering that, at least from an educational standpoint, most people in the tech industry lean liberal. most people trained to do online tech work are liberal. So why does an effective minority in people trained to use computers have such power over social media?

The secret society that controls emojis shapes the world from the shadows.

They call themselves The Council For International Progress actually. Here's some footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA8I3dSQfZ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread