Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Shbobdb posted:

1) People with money tend to be rightwing so they can finance memes. For example, there was the Oculus Rift guy who got in a lot of trouble because he was funding super racist Pepe memes (seriously, I can't believe I typed that sentence). It doesn't take very many people to do this because of the viral nature of the internet.

2) Right wing people are easier to scam. Fake news content creators have tried to appeal to both rightwing and leftwing people and have consistently found that the right wing is easier to fleece.

3) "Cubicle culture" tends conservative. So the people with the most time to "like" and "spread" the memes are going to want self-reinforcing conservative content.

This is as good of an answer as you're going to get, OP. AFAIK there is no real good evidence for the right wing or the left wing being more prominent on the internet so we're essentually just gonna argue from experience, or extrapolating conclusions from anecdotes.

Keep in mind there has been a huge turn against globalization on a worldwide scale, so the internet might just be reflecting that outlook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

semper wifi posted:

ok i didnt actually know who that guy was lol i just saw thiel on there

conservatives.txt

• Locked thread