Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

When I was in college 13-14 years ago, someone started a Political Discussion listserv on the university's email. It started fairly innocuous but eventually the discussions got really ugly, especially since College Republicans (and college leftists) were poo poo bags then as now. And when it got ugly, it eventually turned into things like cars being keyed and threats being made. The university pulled the plug on the listserv after about a year and a half.

This was a discussion forum where no one was anonymous and you could use anybody's email to look up their address in the campus directory.

The internet is not the way it is because of anonymity. It's even worse without anonymity. People do not modify their behavior when their names are visible, that makes it even more personal.

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Kilano posted:

More of my liberal friends are sexless virgins than my scumbag friends

hope this helps

yeah IRL idiot right wingers do lots of drugs and gently caress lots of white trash chicks and make lots of babies they can't afford

source: I live in a small town

• Locked thread