Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Young Freud posted:

I really think all the cuts are good and have something worthwhile. I'm wholly of the opinion that the theatrical cut's exposition track added something to the whole film noir ambiance. I don't even buy the excuse that Harrison Ford sounded bored while doing them, the voiceover matched the whole "cold fish" wandering apathy of Deckard. There's some great lines in that voiceover that it's a shame they're lost like tears in rain.

So, really, you should watch the theatrical version followed by the Final Cut.
I agree. I thought the voiceover was nice and added to it. It could have been better, but I didn't get the impression Ford was just trying to throw the whole thing acting bored either. then again ti's been a decade since it saw it and last time I tried to watch it I fell asleep so welp. The other cuts are also good too though the unicorn poo poo was kinda lame imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Xealot posted:

I'm hoping for "jock older brother" Gosling from the Are You Afraid of the Dark? episode, "The Tale of Station 109.1"

(I'm sure he'll do fine. After Arrival, I trust the poo poo out of this director.)
Hah, we were actually doing an Are You Afraid of the Dark marathon a few months ago since my gf never saw half of them growing up and I haven't seen it in over two decades. And we got to that episode and we were like, wait holy poo poo is that gosling? He looks almost exactly the same, just taller/bigger. It was fun seeing other random people like Jewel Staite and going wait gently caress is that her/him??

loving fantastic episode though, probably a top 5.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 25, 2016

• Locked thread