Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Here's the thing about Fury Road: That's ONE guy's baby. He's been majorly hands-on during most of those movies production, being away from Thunderdome due to personal tragedy. Nobody cares more about Mad Max than George Miller. He writes his own EU fanfic for every movie he makes. Every goddamn extra has a story and motivation. Nobody else in the insular world of hollywood gives that much of a gently caress about anything they work for as long as he's been working on Mad Max.

Least of all, Ridley Scott. I like Ridley Scott's movies. I even like Kingdom Of Heaven theatrical cut and Robin Hood, but he doesn't care any more. Having him as a producer for this means very little. I like what I've seen of Villenvue but if he cares enough to make this blade runner movie good, he's very probably on his own and likely dealing with people looking to lay the foundation for a cinematic universe or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

"built off" is not strictly synonymous with "built on" in the way people use it. Also, language is allowed to change and as long as you understand what they meant, it's the essence of the meaning of pedantry to get mad about it.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i love the blue orange combo in everything. stop complaining. blue orange design is loving great.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Straight from the mouth of hitler, how can you argue with this?

if the nazi flag was in orange and blue instead of red black and white, they would own most of the world by now. that's how good the color combo is. it's like aesthetically the best and if you can work with those colors and have a basic grasp of design and can use photoshop and illustrator, you are basically set in some job fields.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

He probably made them more obedient by using only certain kinds of artificial memories. Since they're making what are essentially humans from the ground up, whose memories are entirely implants, they can use only memories that form a specific kind of docile personality that's averse to rebellion or unnecessary violence

• Locked thread