Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
As a lover of the original Blade Runner, I get the feeling from this most recent trailer that I will have a reasonably good time watching this movie under the influence of a variety of substances in an IMAX.

And then never watch it ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
As a fanatic of the original, I've seen nothing so far that would make me loose too much faith. The 2.5h+ runtime is a tall order for today's audience, but if it's handled correctly then more to love, right?

Personally I suspect dune style gholas to be the twist, but I'm on board with whatever this team wants to give me.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I got massive, euphoric levels of ASMR during that cut. Seeing this movie for the first time in IMAX should be a requirement. That scene's composition, and maybe more importantly the score that accompanies it is just masterclass cinema firing on all cylinders. Because of this, I'm frantically anticipating Villeneuve's take on Dune.

It's comparable to the bone -> space station cut in 2001 Space Odyssey.

• Locked thread