Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

So I'm guessing this is final confirmation that Deckard is ~not~ a Replicant after all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Young Freud posted:

The thing I hope they go with is something brought up in the K.W. Jeter books, that the replicants are built off templates of human beings, that, like Rachel, they're sort of clones with added genetic engineering. That way, Deckard in the first film could still be a replicant but you have his template still around.

But why would he look different, older?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

I'm kinda disappointed by the costuming so far... c'mon, t-shirts?

I know it's been 30 years and fashion changes, but one of the best thing about the original was all the bizarre fashion. Seriously, Deckard was like a goddamned Dr. Who:

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 22, 2016

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Having dealt with all the Replicants, Blade Runners are now employed as the defacto Los Angeles fashion police.

This was not called execution. It was called good taste.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Marginally scared... don't like some of the cinematography and sets that feel too clean. Blade Runner is a movie that's if nothing else atmospheric and I want to see and feel that atmosphere tangibly. No one can fill the air with poo poo and make it look as good as Ridley.

• Locked thread