Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

*posts painstakingly made forty minute youtube video disseminating a fringe theory about an 80's scifi film in the most annoying voice ever recorded*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'm a big fan of Blade Runner, and I liked parts of this, but overall was underwhelmed. It just dragged for me. I was early to the screening so it was like 3+ hours in the theatre. Kinda just exhausting.

I'll probably feel differently about it once I've seen it again. I bounced off of the first film at least once and this might be the same.

Definitely would like to see those visuals again.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The way I'd read it was that many replicants had the same memories, but K's experiences allowed him to utilise it. He was just a normal murder robot cop who wasn't special. He was just fortunate and determined.

The most interesting part to me is how the holowaifu, JOI, seemed to be the next-stage of humanity. The gift seemed to be a new product, allowing her further reach, outside the apartment. Was she capable of being 'real' without a physical form?
I think so - her conscience seemed to be far enough removed from the default, advert model. They'd clearly had history.
Ultimately, it's a bit ambiguous and I like it.

Also, according to urban dictionary, JOI stands for Jack Off Instructions, which is pretty funny considering she can't physically interact with anyone.

well why not fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Oct 6, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I normally don't get impressed by action/ gunplay in films unless it's like, John Wick or whatever, but goddam was K's no look shooting neat. it just smashes the idea he's a literal killing machine back into your head.

You see Gosling's kind face for so long it's easy to forget he can just start blasting haters left and right.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I like future techno as much as the next hyperdork but it's really just gothy edm and not really fitting for an entire film score. Perfect for a nightclub scene, but thankfully 2049 avoided that cliche.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That's about a step away from wanting to see a "Jack Bauer taking a piss" sequence in 24.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

You want the movies to be so successful they keep making them, but not so successful that they deem it a cash cow.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it looks a bit younger/more primative so that'd explain why it doesn't have Bautista's exact forehead ... situation. The nose and build match up and are very distinctive.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I enjoy thinking about the ambiguity of the emitter - is it a leash, or is it a car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Companies underpaying genius savants is something that definitely happens in the real world already, it's pretty drat believable that it's even more common in Blade Runner future.

• Locked thread