Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There is absolutely no way that neither K or Deckard are revealed to be a replicant in this, and we'll all breathe a sigh of relief if it isn't Deckard. People have spent too much time thinking about this plot twist for there not to be any pressure to finally use it. I guarantee someone involved in the production thinks it's the greatest idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ugh that stupid "we were being hunted" line that's transparently in there to get some more social media buzz going about Deckard replicant y/n.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

Who will fill Sting's codpiece?

come on, ed sheeran, you can do it

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

I think what they mean is, everything you could say about this film is a spoiler, so you can't really talk about it without delving into it.
Although if you were less charitable you might interpret it as "someone got an influencer to say 'don't read the reviews'" :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A few days ago I was drinking with some scientist buddies, and we got to talking about how awful it would be to attend a talk about DNA where the lecturer had opted to include an entire genome in his slides, reading out each individual base (“How many slides would you need, anyway?“ - “Technically, only four.“)

It's a fairly somber movie, but the scene where K does research in old microfilms was an unexpected point of levity.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 10, 2017

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've seen Gosling in four movies now and in three of them he played a character who's impassive but prone to sudden violent outbursts.

In two his characters drown someone but that probably doesn't mean anything.

e: also, looking back over my earlier posts on this thread I realize I was fairly cynical about the prospect of this movie but I'm having to eat my words here, it's really drat good.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Do we have confirmation that JOI was a Wallace product?
It shows the Wallace logo every time K goes into her menu.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

One of the speakers at my theater definitely rattled like gently caress during the bassy bits. Here I thought they'd set it too loud or just had a broken one (they probably still did).

But I liked the soundtrack because it frequently bordered on sensory overload and upon reflection that is the way to watch this movie. I actually felt slightly strained afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That Perturbator video is pretty hilarious if you remember the actual 80s music they had in Terminator's nightclub scene.

• Locked thread