Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Literally March from Nice Guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Every character in the movie aside from Gosling is by Ford with various layers of CGI de-aging and they're all referred to as definite humans

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Gosling is such an obvious replicant that at this point I'd be actively disappointed if he isn't human and this is somehow a twist

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 14, 2017

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

The robot fight in Covenant is extremely good because it's both a ridiculously brutal throwdown like something out of Terminator, and also involves 100% more Michael Fassbender than any other movie to date.

Xenomrph posted:

One thing about the original film that struck me as a little weird was how Pris flipped out and flailed around on the ground after being shot.

Like I bet there's some kind of thematic reason (her fighting against her inevitable death, I dunno) but it just always seemed weird. Like the replicants are supposed to be bioengineered and largely identical to humans, but Pris flails around like a malfunctioning machine.

Pris doesn't know how to kill people.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

DandyLion posted:

I'm not sure we've ever seen any duplicates in either film.

I wanna say that the replicant display in Wallace HQ has a Bautista replicant among its numbers, but I'm not sure.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Ridley Scott has the casual confidence and self-certainty that James Cameron has spent an entire career trying to convince people he has.

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

The dumbest thing about the animated short in retrospect is that they had a perfect opportunity to have Trixie actually be the Replicant leader from the film itself, but instead she gets fridged in favor of the soldier Replicant we never see again.

• Locked thread