Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Sorry, everything is boring now, movies are boring, we can't scare our dumb idiot viewers with something they aren't expecting.

edit: it'll probably be fine in the movie but what was the last film we got with really wacky fashion? I miss that.

The Hunger Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alien Covenant is great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BonoMan posted:

I was reading some other reviews that were giving it tons of praise as well, but this comment stuck out:

"Blade Runner 2049 is absolutely loaded with spoilers. Even the plot of the film is a spoiler. If you are going to see it avoid reviews."

What am I missing here? The movie is full of spoilers? I... what? I'm confused.

I think what they mean is, everything you could say about this film is a spoiler, so you can't really talk about it without delving into it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BonoMan posted:

Oh, haha ok that makes sense. For some reason my head cold addled brain just could not parse what the hell they were talking about.

It's an insanely bad sentence.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It probably sounds like the score and uses the same theme.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bottom Liner posted:

It had some good performances and moments but really suffered from not knowing what kind of movie it wanted to be and having some really dumb characters.

It was a horror film.

Horror doesn't have to include monsters but also concepts. Like A.I's running amok

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There's a robot fight in Alien.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

Full disclosure: I made that anecdote up. I wanted to respond to Hundu’s iPhone disgust with the most ridiculously terrible movie watching experience I could think of, with the worst possible picture and sound quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Apple is quite great. Don’t watch from Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I liked Leto in this.

I do too but gently caress him overall.

• Locked thread