Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Wizchine posted:

Well, the movie's theme is spelled out in the first part of the trailer in Jared Leto and Robin Wright's monologues. I think reading between the lines gives away what I anticipate is the central hook of the film: Tyrell corp has designed - or is attempting to design - replicants that can produce offspring - perhaps even by pairing with humans.

And that was a key part of Replicant Night, which is one of the worst books I've ever read. I really hope that they aren't therefore going to copy its other twist, which is whether you're a replicant or a human is determined by what planet you're on. On the right Martian colonies, regular replicants can breed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
Yea, worry about Fancher, not Villeneuve. And worry double if Fancher is basing on Jeter.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

Neo Rasa posted:

We learn that Leto is a replicant and all of his servants are human beings.

Just before Gosling dies at the end he utters "Deckard...[indistinguishable]...all along...see you in twenty-five years..." smash cut to a "BLADE RUNNER" title card, roll credits.

Oh God.

Bearing in mind that in the Jeter novels the film Blade Runner exists in the Blade Runner world as a reality show documentary with an anti-rep propaganda spin, and that the twist ending of BR4 is that IT WAS ALL A loving FILM, this could happen..

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
Does it run on modern PCs? I remember it had some heavy technical trickery. I didn't realise until later that its plot is more or less the Inspector Garland bit of Do Androids Dream.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

DC Murderverse posted:

Somewhat random Blade Runner observation: Whenever I see Daryl Hannah with that shock of blonde hair I think she looks a lot like Kesha.

I'm pretty sure she's closer to Hazel O'Connor.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

david_a posted:

You could tell that Pris wasn't actually very good at it, though. Less flipping and she could have easily killed Deckard but it felt like violence wasn't terribly natural for her.

And that was only because Hannah suggested it. Originally she was just going to knock him down and then try to force his hand into an exposed motor.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
Since nothing happens to Batty's body when he times out at the end of BR, they probably just "recycle" him by reflashing his brain or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
Hmm. In DADoES the replicants/androids died after 4 years because they were organic and their cells could not be regenerated from natural decay. But I thought the film made clear that the limit was artificial in that version.

• Locked thread