Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I saw the Director's Cut when I was probably too young to really appreciate it (I think the lack of v/o made it harder for me to follow back then), so I need to give it a go as an adult. I assume the Final Cut also drops the exposition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

Blade Runner is one of my top 3 favorite sci-fi movies ever and at least right now I am aggressively opposed to this films existence. Maybe I will warm up to it in time, that is happening with Ghost in the Shell.

I think there's honestly more reason to think/hope that this movie will be good than GITS. Granted I'm not into anime and didn't feel like my childhood was being ruined by turning GITS into a movie like a lot of people did, but the pedigree of filmmakers involved with 2049 is really excellent, whereas GITS looks like it's really trying to faithfully translate some of the visual ideas from the anime, but may or may not get anything else right.

If anything, it's not that it looks like this movie will be bad, but rather that it has to follow (and therefore be compared directly against) one of the most influential sci-fi films of all time.

• Locked thread