Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow. That might have been the most enjoyable movie to look at that I've ever seen. Just all around a home run holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think my one and only criticism of this movie would be that Jared Letos character seemed sort of under developed. Or at the very least it felt odd how little screen time he had considering what a major player he was in the story.

Then again I'm not going to complain about not having to watch too much of Jared Leto either.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Only 75%

Also :lol: at the hot take about everything being a bluff. No way.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Uh... so was it me or did Chief try to have a go at K?

I didn't think about it at the time, but now that you mention it probably yeah.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Scarlett Johansson should have been JOI or Mariette. This would have fit in perfectly with her overarching career and it's theme.

This is nothing against her as an actress, but I for one am relieved that she isn't in literally every cyberpunk robot movie of the last 7 years.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm mixed on whether or not the sex scene should have been cut. It's visually compelling, but so is everything in the movie. It doesn't add a whole lot so I guess I agree it could have been axed. I think everything it presents is accomplished earlier in the scene in the rain. It doesn't help that it's incredibly similar to a more memorable and earned scene in Her.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I don't fault the movie for leaving it in, because it was a good scene. I'm certainly not campaigning for it's removal. I can see why some people could view it as bloat though.

RE: the revolution stuff. I didn't see it as sequel bait or gratuitous. I saw it as there to give some context as to why the events of the movie were important. Maybe it was a bit heavy handed, but I don't think it felt show horned in or anything.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

For all of the talk about length I actually thought it felt like it was about 2 hours long. When it was wrapping up I was like "huh I know this is 3 hours so there must be another 45 minutes left but it feels like it's pretty much over"

Which to me makes it feel like the length was warranted.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is the first long blockbuster I've seen in eons that actually feels long to suit the tone and pace, and not to just cram as much poo poo as possible into it.

Remember like 6 years ago every summer movie was like 3 hours long and they were all huge piles of poo poo? I'll take Blade runner any day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

What movies? Or is this just some hasty generalization? Scary movie ain't no 3 hours long.

I'm talking summer epic kind of movies. There was certainly a stretch after Braveheart and then again after Lord of the Rings where a lot of movies were really drat long and mostly devoid of substance.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

So 6 years ago braveheart came out? LOTR/Hobbit came out in December. Mmm Denny's Hobbit menu. I don't recall any summer movie being over 3 hours long.

Your nit picking stuff that wasn't even my point. This forum is so loving stupid sometimes.

Here's a list of a bunch of long rear end big hollywood movies that all came out in the 2ks and that's only a fraction of them. A lot of them got really long for a while. https://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/the-hobbit-desolation-of-smaug-box-office?utm_term=.gmqqgXv3W#.ntLKqo0ND

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 7, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thread title:

Blade Runtime: 2 long?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't stand Leto, but he's been in so much stuff that I like/don't mind at this point I've just resigned to putting up with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maybe this is old news, but apparently there is a 4 hour cut of this movie that exists. Which was news to me. Don't know if I'd watch it or not. Thought it was plenty long even though I loved it.

• Locked thread