Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Young Freud posted:

Actually, "It's too bad she won't live - but then again, who does?"

But yeah, that's either Director's or Final Cut.

I really think all the cuts are good and have something worthwhile. I'm wholly of the opinion that the theatrical cut's exposition track added something to the whole film noir ambiance. I don't even buy the excuse that Harrison Ford sounded bored while doing them, the voiceover matched the whole "cold fish" wandering apathy of Deckard. There's some great lines in that voiceover that it's a shame they're lost like tears in rain.

So, really, you should watch the theatrical version followed by the Final Cut.

I love the final cut except for one thing. It is really hard to make the argument that he is not a Replicant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Neo Rasa posted:

I don't think the Final Cut makes it hard to argue Deckard isn't a replicant, rather it makes it hard to argue what he is one way or the other which I think is more effective.

I mean, I can't think of anything that refutes the whole unicorn dream/unicorn origami thing that was added.

• Locked thread