Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
The country is full of libs who just can't wait for the society to break down to rape and loot everything. Could have prevented this by not taking away the guns!

Also, I love the astartes lodge meeting in the begining. No rank distinction, just the boys and their jokes.

I'm still confused about the nuke coup thing. Who did that and why? Did the supposed good guys just learn about it and go "well, at least it will kill the lefties?" I just love how terrified these people are of the lefties, like it was some zombie papist plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Impotent rage is a mighty muse.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The violent reaction they have to traitors is also interesting, in that Imperium of Man looks less severe in their treatment of treason.

:argh: "This man is my friend"
:bahgawd: "We found out he's working for the conspiracy to kill all lefties"
:argh: "I do hate the simpering liberal wiener cucks, BUT I HATE TREASON RRRAAARGH"
*tortures former friend for shits and giggles*
*shoots friend in the head*
:argh: "That's what he gets for vaguelly disagreeging with me!"
:bahgawd: "Should we stop the conspiracy now before it ends the world?"
:argh: "Eh, nah"

JcDent
May 13, 2013

King's Duel has one rape militia group, but I never finished reading it, so it might have had more.

How is it that nukes are killing off women more stadily than men? I mean, aren't women more numerous? The survivor groups should be more equal, I'd think.

And why are those small towns depopulated if they only managed to hit big population centers.

There is an old post nuclear war RPG called Tomorrow Project. In the vein of all good old RPGs, it starts with a massively autistic chartaton to calculate what places get hit and by what, and how much radiation remains, and radiation sickness. One weird thing about it is that they include bacteriological ICBMs into the list. Where the soviets seriously deploying biological weapons in missiles?

40k mentions brought to you by JcDent:
I basically read nothing else! :commissar:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I stand for the Hick-Negron-Wetback's Campaign for Sustainable Rape, which ties into our Millenium Murder Stock Replenishment program :v:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

While I have spent enough time on /k/ to believe that liberals break out in hives at the sight of a gun (and there's that story about a pink Pak, the polygon writer who's shocked by VR guns and that one reporter who go traumatised by firing an AR-15 at a gun range), I still find it ridiculous when Fran goes "what is that big ugly thing".

It's also fun how this guy and Ringo are vague about the religion of the protag. I think most of the conservative target audience claims to be Christian, even if they hate the poor and think that rape is great.

Back to guns: glad to see that Beehive Bob is choosing the manly pistol cartridge, the 45 ACP. Only a commie pinko librul would use the much inferior 9mm. I guess this book was released before Rainbow Six, as in that book they used MP5s chambered in 45 ACP (which exist, since MP5 is the AK of SMGs)

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I wiki'd no WP smoke rounds for M79, so maybe it's a case of Škoda AKs

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Comrade KomradeX, I just wanted to post that.

Also, I grab goons straight by the gun.

E: There was a previous reading of something about ACW 2 where Real American Men crushed liberal lesbian wieners

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It's the dirtiest leftist podcast out there, so for the last month and a half it has been mostly about slamming Hillary and the DNC for their massive input in Trump's victory. They don't spare anyone in their criticism - even the left - but it's the right and altright assholes that stand out as their targets.

Sometimes, they read books by some crackpot or the other. The linked episode has a reading of True Alegiance by a racist rear end in a top hat pundit called Ben Shapiro. It's about halfway in. I don't remember what exactly was it about, even if I listened to it today, so I had to google it.

quote:

New York Times bestselling author Ben Shapiro’s new novel asks how close are we to our country’s collapse—and will we be able to stop it once it begins?

America is coming apart. An illegal immigration crisis has broken out along America's Southern border—there are race riots in Detroit—a fiery female rancher-turned-militia leader has vowed revenge on the president for his arrogant policies—and the world's most notorious terrorist is planning a massive attack that could destroy the United States as we know it. Meanwhile the President is too consumed by legacy-seeking to see our country’s deep peril.

Brett Hawthorne is the youngest general in the United States Army—and he’s stuck, alone, behind enemy lines in Afghanistan. He’s the last lost soldier of a failed war, fighting to stay alive and make it back home—but will he be able to stop the collapse of America in time? 

Ah, now I remember. Black people orchestrate police shootings of black kids for shits and giggles.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

And weird barely disguised stand ins for political targets.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Well, if they are bad people, you can be racist against them. It cancels out!

Why would black and white people never interact anyways, as Ben believes? They might be shaped in some way by black culture (is there a white culture, outside of just "default culture"?), but they're not aliens, orcs or the French.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Remind me in about ten hours or so and I might be able to fish it out.

quote:

Ben of course is immune to psychology so he’s fine. 

It's not just Warhammer, it's Oldhammer up in this bitch!

Half of the people in this book are servitors who get mindlock if there's no bureaucracy priest government seer to guide them; the other half are Imperial robots, with their first command being
if (government) = 0
Then rape

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Twilight 2000 is sheer bugfuck insanity constructed by NASA engineers for RPG sessions between rocket scientists, idiot savants, AI computers and God.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Runcible Cat posted:

Ooo, ooo, a couple of pages late but I know an example. Sheri Tepper's SF/fantasy.

Her earlier books weren't too bad, but her more recent ones dear lord they're loving INSANE, and I speak as a pinko-eco-feminist-librul-etc. The stereotypical Tepper novel will start with a nice woman being oppressed by a) societal expectations, b) male relatives and c) looming eco-disaster, then at some point making friends with a powerful alien force that eats all the gun-totin' eco-unfriendly misogynists at the end.

Six Moon Dance is a particularly glorious example for the ending, where we find out that the author is perfectly cool with a planetary government selling girl babies to men on other planets because those are frontier planets where women are prized so of COURSE they'll be looked after.

(I'd realized she was barking mad and morally loathsome a couple of books before and was reading that one purely to see how bad it got, and I can say with perfect confidence that I never imagined it would get THAT bad.)

Is it Let's Read worthy bad and is she big like Terry Goodkind or something?

The dialogue makes all of the sense since basically 90% of surviving men are some crazy rapevivalists

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I wonder how these people would explain Eastern Europe, where all the punks and rapists and whatever are all white.

On the other hand, I dunno how humane our treatment of criminals is, so maybe they'd view it as an example to follow.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

No biggie, I'm just Navy SEAL turned DJ with a Hefner streak! All my days are just sex, guns, and music!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Throwing Turtles posted:

These books make more sense as some kind of rage virus zombie apocalypse. 

So, Crossed?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Everyone had hidden them, duh. Every sporting goods store had stuff like that stashed, don't you remember?

I wonder if the Granny Rape Pact Pack is the stupidest group we'll encounter in the book.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

"The world has ended. NIGGERS!"
- this book

JcDent
May 13, 2013

He must have grown in a very strange time to be thinking about race that much. I mean, I am a great fan of white girls, but come on!

I wonder if some "incel" weirdo bathroom warrior is writing a strangely gender fixated novel right now

JcDent
May 13, 2013

So is Ben Johnstones dick two feet long or what, so as to not br out dicked by somr lawyer Valentine?

Eventually, people with fut long dick fetished found hentai...

JcDent
May 13, 2013

So Space Marines, is that what you're saying?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

OK!

I think this is the least concerned with the nuclear apocalypse book of all book featuring nuclear apocalypse. Cities and especially nuclear installations are basically intact, nobody is starving - the super flue in Duel is more destructive than this. There's basically no reason why nukes can't replaced by space cold or something.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Planned economy is good when I'm the one planning it!

I like how he mentions that anyone of any age can work which implies that child labor laws don't exist.

I wonder how this conservomunist communities deal with renumeration: is everyone getting the same share of food and housing? How do they determine who gets the better looted TVs or better housing? How do they determine the "worth" of work? What if someone is a poet or a painter, do they also have to clean the gutters and tear down housing?

I would have far fewer objections if they were setting out overtly to build communism.

As for the special forces, it's both unrealistic and unnecessary to have everyone trained to special forces level. Do you need your seal militia to guard places, run convoys, do engineering and logistics? A well trained militia would be enough and you don't need to seal train artillery men or TOW operators.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The details are laid out in bulletpoints and Simple English. It's a simple and detailed law, but very long.

I am loving this. We built communism, but I'll shoot every God-drat commie I see!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Bioweapons in water and diseased animals? Sounds like my plan for national defense of Lithuania: as soon as a T-72 crosses the border, we nuke ourselves

How old was he when he wrote the book? His fascination with the elderly is something.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

We have tanks, jets, helos and training, but poo poo, some cops and agents with popguns and the odd MP-5 (IIRC, this book was written way before DHS started selling cops body armorz rifles and APCs) are too scary!

Inetereating how Hartline rapes the wife of a Senator and instead of defectibg or seeking vengeance they all just give up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

"Don't want to rape a woman? What are you, a pedo-queer? But anyways, we have to shoot some teenage mutant ninja turtles before we rape the reporter anyways..."

• Locked thread