Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Despera posted:

Loot system was addictive

Yeah it was always possible to get something great from any random roll

It sort of broke down the first time when the gambling system came out and you could just mule spell mats to gamble, get a ton of money and items, and then go buy more spell mats. Youd profit moneywise and gear wise.

It broke down a bit again when the whole trade central area came about and people set up shop bots but even then it was fun. I used to run an archer character with maxed melee defense who'd melee and bow things down, but he only had item magic so I had to do this constant complex juggling of my gear to make sure I had all the life and creature magic buffs on each piece so that it would work since I didn't have the skill points to get another magic school.

Still, just the ability to mix and match skills any way you wanted was fun (and eventually they did at a way to respec). It was funny as hell the first time the mages figured out oh if I just get robe, shirt and pants and enchant them all to hell with protection, I can stand in the middle of 30 bugs and only take 1 damage a hit while nailing them with fireballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread