Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I played this game for a long time, from beta for probably 3ish years. I stopped leveling after I was able to reliably kill Olthoi because I was like 12 and the Olthoi were the big bad guys in the intro cutscene. Why would I give a poo poo about big gorillas or dudes in clown masks or zombies or catpeople or even bigger olthoi? The real bad guys are defeated now, game is over

IIRC beta ended in like October and the first major monthly event was the December patch where you could get Hoary Mattekar robes. These were just a cool luxury item at the time so not a ton of people went after that, but they made you look like a pimp in a loving giant furry robe so I farmed a bunch of them and gave them to my friends. Months and months later people realized that this robe was actually way OP because its resistances were insanely good and with an armor spell it was basically the best mage armor in the game. The following year Turbine re-released a nerfed version of the robes, but they looked lame and the states weren't nearly as good

My friend's dad played this game from beta all the way to today, basically every day. I don't know how or why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread