Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Logic
Jan 8, 2009
My first MMO and still my favorite, I played the beta and fell in love. I had a PC gamer ( I think) or some computer gaming magazine at least in my home room in high school and it had one of the bigger ads for AC in it. That is all me and my buddy did was look at it and talk about how excited we were. I had just turned 16 and skipped school to go pick it up at EB games ( I think) when it released, I clearly remember talking to the sales rep about it and how excited I was that it was out. He tried to talk me into getting EQ instead. I had 4 friends hooked within a week and we all played the hell out of it. I made good $$$ off selling in-game items on ebay before it was really a thing, my mom did not understand I think she thought I was doing illegal things for the money for awhile. Such good memories from AC, anytime that group of friends get together we always tell stories about our great adventures in AC and when so and so did this or that. My favorite story is when we were all together up in Arwic and this was really early on I'd say January 2000, a much higher level guy in nice armor ran up to us and died almost instantly. He came back and handed my friend a piece of black obsidian and told him it was a death rock and to not hold it long because it would kill him. We totally believed him because we were not aware of the /suicide command at the time. We traded that rock back and forth for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread