Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burno
Aug 6, 2012

Essential posted:

I've been reading on acpedia a bunch and realized I really know nothing about this game. It's only made my desire to play that much more!

Can someone explain the skill system to me? I think the way it works is: you can only use skills that are trained or specialized. You can only level up skills that are trained or specialized. You have 52 skill points at character creation to distribute however you want (move skills to trained/specialized). Skills are raised by applying xp to them. The amount of xp required to level a skill is based on whether the skill is trained or specialized. Skills have a cap they can be raised to (based on trained/specialized)? Stats have a cap?

Also, you can raise your stats, strength, focus, self, etc. Is there a way to raise health, stamina, mana directly? Or is that a by product of raising your stats?

Is the total amount of xp available limited? Level is capped at 275 so does that mean there is a maximum amount of xp possible and you would need to plan a long term character accordingly? Or can you continue to earn xp even after level cap? If so, could you theoretically cap all your stats and trained/specialized skills?

I don't know about the latest mechanics, but last I played you continued to earn XP past the level limit, and could theoretically max out every stat and skill you have trained. I think the limit for stats was base+190, not sure about skills.

Health/Mana/Stamina could be increased directly and by the related stat, hp by 1/2 endurance, stamina by 1*endurance, and mana by 1 * self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

At the time it came out it had a really high base armor rating (190 if my memory is correct) and most top end items were all in the 180-200 range, great resistances, and was bound so you wouldn't drop it when you died.

Edit: if you mean specifically between post-patch/pre-patch the resistances were the major difference. Post patch was poor to the elemental resistances whereas pre-patch was average resistances. Post-patch was also 150 armor vs 190 armor.

Burno fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 6, 2017

• Locked thread