Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes

I said come in! posted:

I played Asherons Call back when it was owned by Microsoft and on Zone.com. Honestly this game wasn't good.

The thunder of me crushing this noob is followed by the deafening silence of death!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
As much as I would like to see AC live on forever, the game was in a pretty sorry state the last couple years after it went to the lifetime subscription model and Turbine stopped supporting it

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001

Essential posted:

Do you mean in terms of performance or content updates?

I haven't played AC in about 10 years so content wise I could probably play for 10 years based on what they've already implemented. There is plenty of game there I can enjoy for a long, long time.

There were a couple major overhauls to the weapon skills and portal networks and the UI that just felt forced and took away more than they added. Wasn't a big deal to a lot of people, but I was kind of sour on how unfamiliar the most basic aspects of the game had become in the time period leading up to the last patch. A lot of the old content had been reshuffled and new content added over the years that reinvigorated the game, but when then they reduced the quest timers for everything to 20 hours, it really but a premium on just repeating several of the easiest quests with the biggest rewards every day, and that's kind of the state the game ended in.

I think the biggest problem, though, was that there was no one on the other end checking in with the players, so you ended up with entire servers getting crashed regularly and players using exploits without any repercussions.

I'm probably making it out to be worse than it was. It just seemed like a big drop-off in quality happened as soon as they gave up on patching, and the community reflected that to a certain extent.

• Locked thread