Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I played Asherons Call back when it was owned by Microsoft and on Zone.com. Honestly this game wasn't good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I couldn't shut down Asheron's Call if I was Turbine and I saw this video.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't see Asheron's Call being saved. From what is being said they already sound super pessimistic about the whole thing. Saving an IP is really hard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The way Asheron's Call plays is really outdated and frustrating. The controls and camera are annoying. If this group is able to get their hands on the IP, will they be able to make major changes to the game to make it more modern?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there anything new on the fan made attempt to bring the game back? I still expect it won't work out but we will see.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Essential posted:

Man I hope so! I really want to play this again. I'm not sure what the lifetime subscription was about, it's kind of a bummer for those people. I will definitely get a subscription to the game if they start the servers back up.

Even better, Asheron's Call had no sub for its last year or so of service.

Maybe what WB is doing is they are changing the server software over to something custom or free, cause that was supposedly the original issue with keeping the game going. WB had to pay an expensive 3rd party license for the servers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You can raise and use any skill you want but I never could figure out if there were limits to that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has there been anything new? I want to play this now dead game that I had years to play previously but never did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still patiently holding out for a private server that is exactly like Asheron's Call the moment it shut down.

• Locked thread