Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

weird Asian candy posted:

I jumped higher than anyone else I saw. I was like the loving Michael Jordan of AC.
That's dope, haha. I loved that kind of thing, too.

quote:

Also getting chased for miles and miles by Zephyr's and Shallows Sharks only to succumb to their death by a thousand cuts like 100 miles from the nearest lifestone.

Yeah, tearing through the wilderness with deadly wildlife on your rear end is definitely something I remember well. And then when I started playing on Darktide, it was a human player at the edge of your minimap closing in on you.

Man, what a crazy game. Part of my nostalgia for it is just that it was the first graphical MMO that I played, so the sense of wonder was huge and unable to be replicated in later games, but it also did some really cool stuff. That seamless world, the bits of lore tucked here and there, and the graphics that were pretty drat good for the time...

I don't think I would ever have really gone back to it, but it's still sad to see it die out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

the Pixies fukken SUCKED posted:

It also set my bar for what 'too much grinding in an mmo' was, which made everything that came after it (DAOC, WoW, FF11/14, etc.) feel easy by comparison.

Man, not only was it a huge grind, but it was so easy to spend a ton of time grinding to end up with a totally ineffectual character, because who knows what the gently caress all these skills do.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
PC Gamer compiled a few farewells from sad people, it's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o77BL-hCHxA

• Locked thread