Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Ah man that sucks. AC was my first MMO addiction, many a sick day was burned on firing up my 56k modem and cranking out some AC.

Some of the things I will always be fond of from the game, being able to add points to your jump. My goal was to be able to jump UP the subway and while I was never close, I jumped higher than anyone else I saw. I was like the loving Michael Jordan of AC. Also getting chased for miles and miles by Zephyr's and Shallows Sharks only to succumb to their death by a thousand cuts like 100 miles from the nearest lifestone. Super don't gently caress with Gold Wasps. And I will always love AC for it's intro to elemental weapons. I think at one time I had like 8 axe's, one for each elemental...and it ruled.

The fizzle sound will forever be burned into my memory. RIP AC :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Wikipedia Brown posted:

That's dope, haha. I loved that kind of thing, too.

Yeah, tearing through the wilderness with deadly wildlife on your rear end is definitely something I remember well. And then when I started playing on Darktide, it was a human player at the edge of your minimap closing in on you.

Man, what a crazy game. Part of my nostalgia for it is just that it was the first graphical MMO that I played, so the sense of wonder was huge and unable to be replicated in later games, but it also did some really cool stuff. That seamless world, the bits of lore tucked here and there, and the graphics that were pretty drat good for the time...

I don't think I would ever have really gone back to it, but it's still sad to see it die out.

Oh yeah. I remember running for hours and hours getting to the most remote spots possible just to see what was there. Or running to BFE to pick plants to dye my armor white. The game was really incredible for its time.

One of my best memories that I just remembered was my buddies and I thought we would be hilarious and all created a member of TLC, ran way the hell up into the mountains somewhere hours away and found a house. We were like this is awesome, our own little girl band house all to ourselves because there was no one around for miles. One day we ventured out around the house to see what was out there and it was our first experience with Giant Mattekar which was way higher level and tougher than our level 1 ladies. The thing made some terrifying noise and started chasing us, so we ran back to our house and after myself and my brother made it in I closed the door so our third member couldn't get in. That turned into 10 minutes of laughing hysterically as we watched the red blob chase the green blob in circles on the radar until the thing finally caught my buddy and killed him.

Such good times :(

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 4, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Holy crap that is depressing and sad and hearing all of you logging out in the spot you logged in tugs at my heart strings :(

God speed, AC.

• Locked thread