Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
VNucleus was really good, especially for a goon project, but now they're gone and I use Linude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

DaTroof posted:

hows linode treating you

i got some stuff on digital ocean that i considered moving to linode but i need elastic storage. they dont have anything like that do they

Very well. The hosting panel is incredibly full-featured, there's an option to boot my VMs with a rescue mode image so I can pull down a disk image if needed without contacting support, and Longview is neat though I've never really used it. The $10 VM is fast and responsive and has plenty of RAM, though it's single threaded; I haven't noticed any performance issues with my webhosting applications.

While on that subject, what web servers do you all use? I'm enjoying Caddy because it's the hot new poo poo with HTTP/2, automatic HTTPS (I didn't have to touch anything other than accepting the pets encrypt EULA on first run) and comes with a directive for enabling directory listings per directory, which you can sort by column in the browser.

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 22, 2016

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

bus(iness)haus

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i used that but now it seems so old and outdated

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

caddy is written in go, the fashionable language. it's faster than nginx too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Lmao at Endurance International Group-owned hosting companies

• Locked thread