Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
So I should not expect Witcher 3 goty to get any lower than 40% off later in the sale like in the past right? It's been a while since my last sale event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://steamstat.us/

Ohhhh man, I forgot that this is the first major sale that allows India to log in and buy games from Steam.

They added 1.1 billion potential customers. Even if only 0.1% of Indians have Steam, that's 1 MILLION new Steam users.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Last year Ubi games didn't go on sale the first day. Just a heads up, they might go on sale later this year too.

Edit: Watch Dogs is on sale but they had Far Cry go on sale first and then AC later so that doesn't prove anything.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How long does the sale go on?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Jan. 2nd

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
In between heavy load service errors, the prices of games are hopping around. I'm watching Dead by Daylight and it was $30 at 30% off, then it wasn't on sale and now it's $20 at 30% off. :wtc:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

According to steamstats India is in full load, which is probably helping things a lot

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

GARFIELD KART 1.49 BE ADVISED

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Pindakaas posted:

So I should not expect Witcher 3 goty to get any lower than 40% off later in the sale like in the past right? It's been a while since my last sale event.

Correct

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

ilmucche posted:

How long does the sale go on?

It's only one hour long. But not to worry, I'm sure that Valve will have the front page and all the prices sorted out by then!

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The Deus Ex midweek madness is more exciting than anything I've spotted so far.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Winter Sales keep getting worse. They're just another retailer at this point. Feels bad.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
In what way?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

MMF Freeway posted:

AoE being there is funniest part because its like yeah this game really stands the test of time that's why it needed an hd remake right?

The original version of AoE2 actually still has a small but very active competitive multiplayer community, complete with big paid tournaments (a european team recently flew to china for the finals of a $30k tournament [china won])! And, frankly, it doesn't have the latest expansions but it's generally way less buggy and more functional (HD has been improved though).

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Hey while they're not deep sale I want to push two games that I think are some of the most underrated games of the year, Aurion and Masquerada.

I've reviewed both in the main Steam thread but to keep it brief both are RPGs, Aurion being an action RPG akin to a Tales game and Masquerada is RTWP with cooldown abilities. Both are linear, Masquerada more so, but both are really engaging with quality narratives. They definitely need more love and are well worth $20/$15.

Also OneShot is a really nice adventure game that I recommend as well.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
It just deleted the contents of my cart. It's taken me 34 minutes to add 6 games and now they're gone. Goddamn. They're GONE!

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

1stGear posted:

Steam App, friend. Waste your money on video games while making more money to waste.

Actually the mobile interface on a chrome browser works way better than the app. For some reason. I guess the app is just a lovely web browser.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

It just deleted the contents of my cart. It's taken me 34 minutes to add 6 games and now they're gone. Goddamn. They're GONE!

Yeah, it's time to just wait a few hours. Steam's dyin

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Finally gonna buckle down and get Divinity Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity because I have a steam machine and have been eyeing them for a year while buying hundreds of cheaper games.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

Buying stuff during the first two hours is asking for trouble.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
So what Ive spotted so far:

Abzu - 6 bucks (down from 20)
Lumo - 8 (Down from 20)

And thats it regarding big discounts on my wishlist? Meh. Its fine, I spent too much on the black friday sale anyway.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Antti posted:

That's the best time for price errors!

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Antti posted:

Trouble is my middle name. :downsbravo:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

MMF Freeway posted:

In what way?

I mean, where's the lump of coal meta-game, where's the exploitable raffle ticket system or the deluge of trading cards and the clusterfuck of hourly flash deals? It used to be a grotesque nightmare circus of cheap gimmicks and mindless consumerism but now it's like a legitimate business and storefront. That's just totally not in the Holiday Spirit.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Dadgum Ron Paul is 40% off instead of the usual 30% off whoo.

Also Arkham Knight $6.79 seems good.

King Vidiot posted:

I mean, where's the lump of coal meta-game, where's the exploitable raffle ticket system or the deluge of trading cards and the clusterfuck of hourly flash deals? It used to be a grotesque nightmare circus of cheap gimmicks and mindless consumerism but now it's like a legitimate business and storefront. That's just totally not in the Holiday Spirit.

That was five years ago, you should probably move on.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

kater posted:

Im not sure even 7 dollars is worth the risk of having issues with that game.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

strategery posted:

I don't think it has any possible issues that can't be fixed by a refund. Not any more, anyway.

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

strategery posted:

I think having at least 16 gigs of RAM makes a big difference in how the game runs.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
In the meanwhile I'm looking at origin deals. Dragon Age Inquisition seems to be extremely cheap right now, less than $3 in my region.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Friends!

I have a Steam link and two controllers.
Recommend to be split screen games to play with my GF!
The more mindless explosions the better.

edit: What the hell. MGSV is not on sale :(

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 22, 2016

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

kater posted:

Dadgum Ron Paul is 40% off instead of the usual 30% off whoo.

Danganronpa is remarkably shite and Arkham Knight is by the numbers tedium.

Buy Arkham Asylum if you want a Batman game. It's the good one.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

Friends!

BROFORCE!

Also don't buy Dangit Ron Paul, it is trash. Buy The Silver Case instead.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Inzombiac posted:

Friends!

Helldivers is kind of neat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We've already bled that baby dry but thanks :)

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

nerdz posted:

In the meanwhile I'm looking at origin deals. Dragon Age Inquisition seems to be extremely cheap right now, less than $3 in my region.

Probably because the beginning of the game might possibly be the most boring thing to ever exist. It takes hours to do anything interesting. I don't know anything about the interesting part because I just gave up. There is my highly detailed review. Still, $3.

nodadchad
Feb 11, 2003

Not Steam Sale but I bought ReCore via Windows store for half off ($20). Very fun old school adventure by the guys that made Metroid Prime series.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Friends!

edit: What the hell. MGSV is not on sale :(

Gangbeasts (Brawler)
Screen Cheat (Shooter)
Broforce (Side scroller)
Terraria (Metroid-y minecraft game)
Crawl (up to 4. At any point, one person is the hero, rest are villains). Plays like a zelda1 action game. Sorta.
Helldivers (4 person coop)

Half debating not buying anything in the sale and just doing the December monthly humble (Vermintide).

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Steam's dyin', Cloud!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i assume steam is doing better all the time? just personally, i don't really see friends buy games during the big sales any more. and they aren't big game hoarders like me. and i'm in the age range of people who spend the most on games

nothing on my 20 item wishlist is even 50% off. i know it's the same song and dance about sales being worse every time but there's my 2 cents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

PlushCow posted:

That's the best time for price errors!

Yes! The best part of any Steam sale is trying to get a price error discount. A long time ago they had the Dishonored complete edition for $2.49 which was ludicrous at the time, that was the best error I've ever gotten personally. I'm sure better ones exist historically.

• Locked thread