Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Son of Rodney posted:

Looking forward to it since I currently have a lot of free time.

SO maybe someone can help me: I need a nice time-sink strategy kind of game, something like rollercoaster tycoon, rimworld, anno, dwarf fortress, X tycoon etc. I've played a lot of these games but I propably missed some greats. I'd be thankful for any hints of what I should look for in the sale. Planet coaster is one, but I doubt it'll get big savings.

I play a lot of Craft The World, it should be on sale. Terraria as well. Banished, Tropico 5 also come to mind in that space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I'm the one who recommended Craft the World and I stand by the recommendation. If you are trying to rush through the tech tree (why I don't know) then it could take extra time (like half hour, you'd have to be drunk to have it take 4 hours) to get through something that doesn't directly lead to something else, but Craft the World is not only about the tech tree. Do a Google search on Craft the World images and that'll give you a good idea of what the game can do and look like. Working with your dwarves, prioritizing what they do, dealing with the mobs, this was really good for me and a lot of my friends as well.

It's given me nearly 200 hours of fun, and my friends are close to that as well. For under $8 it's a steal.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

By the way don't forget if you're a Gamestop Power person, you can turn your old console games into Steam cards. Just did it yesterday and got my sale budget in place.

• Locked thread