Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

ilmucche posted:

How long does the sale go on?

It's only one hour long. But not to worry, I'm sure that Valve will have the front page and all the prices sorted out by then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

In what way?

I mean, where's the lump of coal meta-game, where's the exploitable raffle ticket system or the deluge of trading cards and the clusterfuck of hourly flash deals? It used to be a grotesque nightmare circus of cheap gimmicks and mindless consumerism but now it's like a legitimate business and storefront. That's just totally not in the Holiday Spirit.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The Witcher games are actually bad.

*ducks while correct*

I'm with you in not really liking them, for reasons I can't even figure out myself, but I wouldn't say they're "bad" games. I think mainly it's the combat, the combat is the gameplay (if you don't count riding a horse around and picking flowers) and it doesn't feel satisfying even in the newest one. The older ones are even worse, combat-wise. Yeah yeah, blah blah open world and the writing and "atmosphere" but I'm not putting 100+ hours into a game when I don't enjoy the one thing I'll be doing the most of.

Skyrim is bland but at least the combat is stupid easy so I can ignore it and just enjoy dicking around in Medieval Times.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Awesome! posted:

i prefer the pinball in pinball arcade but jesus am i sick of farsight the company. every patch introduces new bugs while old ones remain

its to the point where i cant really bring myself to recommend people give them money anymore

For a while I would've recommended Zaccaria Pinball but its devs are even worse than Farsight. They ran their own game into the ground with a physics patch that "fixed" physics that weren't broken and made them laughably bad, and also introduced choppy framerates and flippers that were misaligned on certain tables. Every single patch after that failed to fix the issue and everybody is complaining about it but nothing is being done.

They became worse than Farsight within a few months of release, and their game isn't even out of Early Access yet.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

SW2 is ... delightful

All that really needs to be said. I only just started it today and I've barely scratched the surface, but it feels like the first game but better so far. Still not nearly as good as DOOM though.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Randallteal posted:

If you really like RPGs, it's that good. The voice acting, characters and world are warm, interesting and beautiful. The action is pretty generic. It kind of feels like watered down Batman combat with some basic magic like force push. If you're the kind of person who buttons through dialogue and skips quest descriptions, for example, there's not much there for you.

From the way you're describing it, I was just reminded of the game it reminds me most of: L.A. Noire. The Witcher 3 is L.A. Noire except instead of a detective putting together clues you're a medieval monster hunter taking apart monsters. The actual meat of the gameplay is secondary to the hours of voiced dialogue and "atmosphere" and wandering around a big open area.

But at least with L.A. Noire I didn't have to pick flowers and mix up "decoctions" and button mash against groups of enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Kikas posted:

For all the new DOOM buyers - be aware that there is an in-game option to change the gun view to a classic "middle of the screen" Doom 1 style.

I turned that on as soon as I found it, and I can't imagine the game looking any other way.

• Locked thread