Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Hopefully we'll see some good deals on VR games so I don't have to buy poo poo on the crappy Oculus store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Atoramos posted:

Impressions of all this stuff:

Thumper's on Steam, runs for the Vive and Rift direct from Steam, a good purchase.
The Cliff is only on the Oculus store and is actually an incredible game with a ton of content. If it goes on sale again I actually do suggest it.
I Expect You To Die and Superhot are both quite good but short. Superhot is longer than I Expect You To Die.
If Subnautica goes on sale, grab it.

Also my game (Skeet) is gonna support the Rift in about a week or two, and is free. Currently on Steam but Oculus support is janky until the patch which also doubles the amount of content/adds leaderboards.

I'm totally getting Thumper and Space Pirate Trainer. Hoping for good deals on Technolust, NewRetroArcade, Hot Dogs etc, Raw Data and maybe Fantastic Contraption.
I assume you meant The Climb, I'm not sure I'd be into that one especially for $25+
Expect and Superhot are on my list, will have to wait and see if they show up as a daily on the Oculus sale.
I've got Subnautica but it made me violently ill when I got my Rift back in March, maybe I'll give it another go.

I will check out your game!

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Flatulance-a-lot posted:

Has anyone done a write up of coop games? Would appreciate a link to it if so.

I don't have a link but some of my recent favorites are Payday 2, Space Marine, Dying Light, The Division. Local co-op, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is good.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Atoramos posted:

Some comments:

-I have no real experience with Technolust but I'm interested if you have any nonspoilery reviews worth reading. I wasn't the biggest fan of Raw Data, personally.
-NewRetroArcade makes you rig up your own roms, so be prepared to do that.
-I did mean The Climb. There's four well-detailed mountains, each with 5 or so levels, each level with quite a few paths you could take and things to find. Quite a bit or replayability, and I went in with low expectations.
-Superhot took me ~4 hours or so, IEYTD took ~1-2 hours. Just to set your expectations.
-I don't know if Subnautica would work better for you now. I was fine in a DK1/DK2 playing for hours, but as a dev who spends too much time in VR I'm probably the exception.
-Two other games that were very much Worth It for the Vive but I don't know about their Rift support include Pierhead Arcade and Audioshield. If you haven't tried it yet, Rec Room is also free and very fun, their charades/pictionary game is really something.

I haven't been able to find much on Technolust, I've heard it's a basic adventure game but I really like the cyberpunk setting and would like to wander around in there.

Also, Rec Room is my favorite game on the citadel. The social aspect and simplicity of the games and just throwing poo poo around is so much fun. I don't know how they plan to make money with it, but I'm 100% on board.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

Does the steam controller come with a wireless receiver/dongle?

Yes

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Are there any good city building games sorta like Majesty? Like where you build a city and there's an adventuring element or RPG sorta thing going on, but not overly complicated where I need to manage the price of goat feet in the market.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

ArbitraryC posted:

Farcry 3 worth snaggin for 5 bucks I feel like the game has always intrigued me but I've also heard it feels pretty grindy by today's standards.

It has one of the best villains ever, and if you enjoy shooting things it's a good time. The 2nd half kinda falls flat but there's definitely $5 worth on fun to be had.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Kaboobi posted:

How's Witcher 3's controller support?

Witcher 3 works fantastic on the steam link, I've been playing with a 360 controller.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Aardark posted:

Get Pony Island if you like ponies and islands (who doesn't?).

Everyone should get Pony Island.

I just beat it in one sitting, very fun 2 hour game. Easily worth $1.60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

The results of these awards are like the Presidential election. I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm still surprised.

• Locked thread