Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
This will be my first winter sale. Should I call in sick for maximum savings?

:ortiz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Genital Jousting

http://store.steampowered.com/app/469820/

It's on sale but I've heard the online community is a bunch of dick's and assholes

Is it worth it? Or atleast a good xmas gag gift for $3.75

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Looks like Phantom Squad on twitter took credit for steam being down.

https://twitter.com/PhantomRaids

Turd Herder fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 23, 2016

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

They're a bunch of attention whores who claim every outage is them though.

Also a bunch of little kids. Someone doxxed them before apparently.

That's pretty funny that they are just some kids potentially seeking attention. Not realizing the wrath they can bring upon themselves for taking credit.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Grim Dawn I'd really like to pick this game up. How is the match making to find a random person to play with? Or can you only join private games? Does it feel more like diablo 2 or diablo 3?

And can you hold the left click to attack or is this a mouse killer like d3 was?

Turd Herder fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 24, 2016

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Fun Times! posted:

Girlfriend gave me a $20 steam card so I picked up ABZU, Oceanhorn, LISA, and Dawn of Discovery. :) I've only played ABZU so far and it's chill as hell, how are my other picks? I know goons love LISA for the most part. How's Oceanhorn?

e. vvv I bought them each separately in case I wanted to refund anything. Hopefully I like it!

I bought ocean horn on ps4 when it came out. I was so excited that it looks like a zelda clone. Sadly the puzzles aren't hard , the combat isn't complex at all. And by the time I reached the magic abilitys I lost interest.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Texibus posted:

Weird recommendation request, is there anything out there in the sale that is pretty much identical to farmville? My 70 year old Grandmother loving loves Farmville, but she gets caught into a million farmville phishing scams so my family had to shut her down, wondering if there is something in the sale for her?

Stardew valley will give her the experience of making a farm and harvesting crops. But she can also raise animals , get married while digging in a mine to gain more metals to upgrade weapons.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah add Ghost 1.0 to that list too. Unepic was so terrible but the devs actually made something great for their second game.

Ghost 1.0 is pretty difficult I found. And the turrets being able to get repaired kill you again just irked me for some reason.

And to contribute to the Axion Verge discussion:

The game was great for the first half. Then I realized I never got one item that hosed me over to advancing the story. I had to finally read a FAQ to find out the why I couldn't reach a new area.

Oh and way before that was the grappling hook. gently caress that add on. Talk about useless.

Turd Herder fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

The bit where you get the lovely controlling grappling hook and then the game throws you in a hole is where I imagine people quit it.

I really liked Axiom Verge, but it was definitely weaker in the second-half. It also needed teleporting. I really love the idea of riding the severed head of a war-machine that went insane from isolation but in practice it didn't need to happen seven times, and the main twists to the storyline showed up way too early as well.

I agree with that.

I did like the hidden areas that seemed to be everywhere in the game. That was fun for awhile.

• Locked thread