Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

kater posted:

Dadgum Ron Paul is 40% off instead of the usual 30% off whoo.

Also Arkham Knight $6.79 seems good.

Danganronpa is remarkably shite and Arkham Knight is by the numbers tedium.

Buy Arkham Asylum if you want a Batman game. It's the good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stupid loving queue keeps crashing to a white screen so i can't even get the lovely 7cent trading cards for clicking "not interested " on 20 odd games.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Relin posted:

i assume steam is doing better all the time? just personally, i don't really see friends buy games during the big sales any more. and they aren't big game hoarders like me. and i'm in the age range of people who spend the most on games

nothing on my 20 item wishlist is even 50% off. i know it's the same song and dance about sales being worse every time but there's my 2 cents

There like, maybe, 5 or 6 games on Steam worth buying every year and you probably bought them when they launched.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Going on dlcompare and searching for the game you want beats Steam sales pretty much 99.9% of the time.

I bought the new season the Walking Dead for E18 last night compared to the Steam sale price of E23.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

they have dark souls 1 priced at $11 lol

Currently about $5 on G2A.

Stop buying poo poo in Steam sales and maybe they will drop their prices to a decent level.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

thats the price it used to be in steam sales

Yeah but those are the prices you can get with key sellers any time you want.

Makes Steam sales a bit worthless honestly.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

What are these cards I'm getting?

About 10 cents each is what they are.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Someone tell me what on my wishlist is worth owning, since I just spent $40 to buy out the bottom half/all the $3.99 & under games

Inside and Thumper.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oscar Wild posted:

I don't know anything about this dlcompare service. Every game I've looked at redirects to "Instant Gaming" and has about a 50% discount. Is this a legitimate service or am I going to some Czech credit skimming site?

I've bought a lot of games from sites that are linked to on it and i've never had any problems.

Bought stuff for Steam, PSN, XBL no problems, sort of trivializes Steam sales :/

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jagwires posted:

Is Kentucky Route Zero worth it? Is it even finished?

The fourth episode came out a while ago after a really long gap. There supposedly one more due at some point.

It's a really odd game but sort of interesting even if it does disappear up its own arse occasionally.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Indolent Bastard posted:

I assume that Alpha Protocol isn't likely to get a bigger discount than 50%? Historical data says it has dropped to $2 before, but I assume that was during the flash sale days?

Games I've never played, The Witcher, Just Cause, Sleeping Dogs. I'm thinking about grabbing TW2 & JC2 because part 3 is still too expensive for my taste. Is 2 a better place to start or should I think about part 1 for either or both? What is great about SD?

Any thoughts on Helldivers?

Somebody talked up Craft the World. What makes it good? I've looked into it and I'm still on the fence.

Beholder looks interesting, but the reviews about janky game play and other issues have me holding off. Has anyone here played it?

Any strong suggestions for cheap fun multiplayer games?

Other stuff I'm grabbing, Pony Island, Braid, and Undertale.

Get Just Cause 2, Sleeping Dogs and Alpha Protocol. Helldivers is good for MP but I'm not sure what the playerbase is like now.

The first two Witcher games have aged horribly and were already fairly mediocre to begin with.

Everything else you listed is all completely skippable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

I'm with you in not really liking them, for reasons I can't even figure out myself, but I wouldn't say they're "bad" games. I think mainly it's the combat, the combat is the gameplay (if you don't count riding a horse around and picking flowers) and it doesn't feel satisfying even in the newest one. The older ones are even worse, combat-wise. Yeah yeah, blah blah open world and the writing and "atmosphere" but I'm not putting 100+ hours into a game when I don't enjoy the one thing I'll be doing the most of.

Skyrim is bland but at least the combat is stupid easy so I can ignore it and just enjoy dicking around in Medieval Times.

Same, i find it very hard to ignore or work around bad core mechanics in some games so i usually just don't bother to continue playing them if i find something that bothers me and the Witcher games suffer from this in spades.

• Locked thread