Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

strategery posted:

Im not sure even 7 dollars is worth the risk of having issues with that game.

I don't think it has any possible issues that can't be fixed by a refund. Not any more, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Phelddagrif posted:

Is Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma worth getting at $26.79 (33% off)? I've read the 999 LP and played through VLR, and enjoyed them both.

I liked it more than 999 but not as much as VLR. I think it's slightly shorter due to the cinematic cutscenes?

Of course if you played VLR and aren't automatically willing to pay full price for a sequel then I don't know what to tell you.

sauer kraut posted:

Just watch SGF stumble through it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9RdB5xIAEo
He was not really impressed

I liked SGF's Witness videos, but his VLR and ZTD series are terrible; don't watch them.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dali Parton posted:

They made a new one?!!??! :aaaaa:

Id seriously buy the already-free Knytt Stories if they ported it to steam, just to show support.

Kyntt Underground is good, a lot bigger than Knytt Stories, and is also secretly the sequel to Within a Deep Forest. If you want more newish Knytty stuff you can also get The Great Work free from Nifflas' website.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Kragger99 posted:

I could be way off here, but the backgrounds you get for crafting the sale badges almost look like those 3D paintings...
I've tried to look at a couple of them, but nothing's popping out.
Not sure if there's some hidden meta game with them somehow. Just seems really strange to have patterns like that for no reason.

They've got to start the HL3VRARG somewhere.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Is planet coaster more park-management sim or more build-roller-coasters physics game? Because I don't want to make coasters, but I do want to charge people $8 for a coke when they step off one.

There is a management sim in there but it definitely takes a back seat compared to the very expansive coaster and scenery building aspects. If you've absolutely zero interest in the construction gameplay then you probably don't want it at the current price.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Mr.PayDay posted:

btw is there a seperated thread for Reshade or Sweetfx discussions here on SA?

If there ever is it should definitely be called "ONE WEIRD TRICK Art Directors Don't Want You To Know!".

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

OAquinas posted:

Thinking about doing this batch. Any of these terribad (including the controller)?
Also looking at "The Turing Test" but it sounds pretty short.

Talos Principle and the Dishonored DLC are excellent. There's no world in which you should pay more for The Turing Test than for Talos; if you want more 3D puzzling get the Road to Gehenna DLC for Talos at the same time.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The worst part is there's zero reason to do the "star" puzzles unless you can power through all of them because there's no partial rewards.

Yes there are? Every 10 stars you collect gives you access to an extra world with three new puzzles.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

To what end though? You need all 30 to unlock all 3 messenger islands and you need to complete all three of them to get the ending.

I guess if having an extra incomplete stump of a story possibility is an end in and of itself, knock yourself out, but if you're looking at the stars with an eye to what they're ultimately driving toward, 29 stars is as good as 0.

Accessing more areas and more puzzles is a reward in itself for most players; if it's not a reward for you then you should probably be watching a Let's Play instead of playing the game. Sure, the story and writing are good, but they're not so good that you should play a game you don't enjoy to get them. When I recommend the game I'm absolutely recommending it as a game, the story is a bonus.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You can get puzzles on par with the stuff in Talos for like a buck 50 with the words "pixel" somewhere in the title. Hell, they'd be more accurate given how many beam puzzles are pixel hunts for the tiniest little patch of ground where a splitter can connect multiple sockets.

We'll have to agree to disagree there.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pigeotic posted:

I'm sort of digging the first person POV games where I have a strange gimmick machine that enables me to solve the puzzles

I think you've played most of the good ones already, but if you really want to dig deep on that genre you could consider Magrunner: Dark Pulse, The Ball, Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube, Q.U.B.E, Quantum Conundrum and possibly MirrorMoon EP? I don't feel like I can actively recommend any of those games but none of them are completely terrible. There's also Magnetic: Cage Closed which I've never found time to try.

e: Technically I don't think you've ever mentioned having played Portal, so on the remote off chance that you haven't you should play that and it's sequel immediately; I don't think it's unfair to say that they invented the genre.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

nachos posted:

Is the witness worth it? I love puzzle games but a 25 hour game feels excessive. I burned out on talos even though I really enjoyed that game.

It was worth it to me at full price. I'd say it's a little shorter than Talos, but it's also a good deal drier so burnout could happen; depends why you burned out, really.

• Locked thread