Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
frrriiiick

It's happening. The planets aligned and this December was a 5-paycheck month and also a Christmas bonus. I actually have money to spend instead of trying to figure out what I'm gonna split like $30 between. My 2017 backlog will be glorious and terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Quest For Glory II posted:

shoppin around the winter sale
at the newell party hop
three dollar games all you can see
once you buy them you won't stop

massive sales from a to z
then we'll all bitch it's gone downhill
and we'll shout "where's half life 3"

you will get a sentimental feeling when you hear
"is this game worth 50 cents?"
"NO! it sucks." "i'm on the fence"

there are no flash deals today
post your steam haul and you'll be mocked
but i'll do. it. a-ny-way

:five:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tomahawk posted:

I'm gonna be the guy that tells everyone to buy Alpha Protocol and Just Cause 2 and all the other good games that have been $2.50 for the last 5 years of Steam sales that there couldn't possibly be anyone left that doesn't own them at this point and if there are they're probably stupid idiots.

I will probably end up getting JC2 just for the multiplayer. I've been playing JC3 and having a good time, but the multiplayer mod is still in like early beta. I kinda want to hold out and see if it goes up on steam like the one for JC2 did.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Son of Rodney posted:

I haven't, but I was never too much of a city building fan. I hear it's really good though, so maybe I should give it a try?

It's sort of an interesting breed of city builder, in that it places a very heavy emphasis on transportation networks. Once your city is established and kinda big, the game very much becomes "obsessive traffic management simulator", and you're given a full suite of tools to make big, complex highway junctions and underground railroad segments and stuff. The citizen agents also love walking and public transit, so you get a lot of options.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Weehhhhh everything I want is still $30 lol

I was hoping GTA V was gonna notch down another $10 this time around. Is GTA Online still a heinous wasteland of hackers?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Koldenblue posted:

Is the port of Street Fighter 5 any good, or did Capcom gently caress it up like they've done with so many other things? How about BlazBlue, are those good ports?

On a related note, is the steam controller good for fighting games?

Street Fighter 5 PC port is very good, and my friend. They put a rootkit in it and then removed it again after people noticed, so the current version is safe :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I ended up finally biting on GTA V, even though I have a backlog >_<.

Mostly I'm just curious about GTA Online, but I usually enjoy the main campaign in GTA, too. It's been $30 for like the last 3 sales, so it seems like that's as cheap as it's gonna get.

• Locked thread