Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
How is the Steam version of Resident Evil 4? All I want it to do is run well on my machine and let me use a controller with controller prompts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

MMF Freeway posted:

Very solid.

Awesome, so my cart looks like:

Resident Evil 4: $6.99
Mad Max: $6.79
Binary Domain: $3.99
Homefront: The Revolution: $11.99
Zeno Clash: $0.99
Metal Gear Rising: $7.49

I still feel like there may be great first person shooters less than $10 I'm missing out on but it's hard to ask without just listing every single shooter I already have. I want Strafe to come out already, damnit.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Please do not buy Homefront it is very bad and not good at all.

Anyway, am I a trash baby contributing to the glut of RPGMaker trash if I pick up RPGMaker for $40? I'd like to mess around but I'm not sure what the learning curve is like, or if I should just learn how to code from youtube videos for free instead?

But if I got through the older Homefront how worse can this one be? I honestly felt like it's just not that inspired instead of outright bad, but I'm willing to hear you guys out since I haven't made any purchases yet. I was mainly expecting another okay shooter with an open world checklist to complete cause I'm empty and my life is devoid of meaning like that.

Also could I just make a pastebin of my shooter library and ask for some suggestions? I really want more single player shooters but it's hard to get suggestions I haven't already heard before.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I really liked Strider, it was part of the first PS+ offerings for the PS4. It's a good bit of goofy fun. Haven't played Axiom Verge enough yet but the art style and music is great.

I wonder if anyone here would consider Hyper Light Drifter a metroidvania or rather a zelda-like. Because if there's any cross over in interest I want to have any excuse to recommend Hyper Light Drifter to people, it's a great game.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Smol posted:

The Division yes or no? If yes, DLC yes or no?

Do you like an endless diablo-like grind but with the chance of pubbies loving you over in the dark zone or when you have to group with them for daily/weekly missions?

Don't get me wrong, I love that type of grind, but it's not for everyone. And Dark Zone can put people off instantly, and it's been awhile since I've played and I'm not sure how the game has improved with the DLC and if there is still a huge hacker problem on PC.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Doc Holliday posted:

If you're interested, Mad Max can be had at bundlestars.com for $4.50 with the WINTERSALE10 voucher applied at the checkout.
I've got an old Zeno Clash code lying around as well you can have (if you want)

Thank you for the offer, but considering it's only $0.99 it's not a big deal. Stick around until after the sale when someone realizes they missed out and you can gift it to them.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Ramadu posted:

Anyone willing to hook a brotha up with a 2, 3, or 8 card for the christmas stuff? I have a 4 5 or 2 7's that I can trade. I just want to finish the deck once for the event. Steam id is ramadu

They're numbered? I just got a couple of cards from purchasing games but there doesn't seem to be numbers attached.

Steam Awards: Best Use Of A Farm Animal, Wooooooah Dude, Just 5 More Minutes, and Test of Time.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Mokinokaro posted:

Go to the badge crafting section and open up the badge.

Thanks.

Ramadu I sent you a friend request and I'll give you 3 and 8 for free. If anyone needs 4 or 5 feel free to PM me.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Binary Domain is only 6gb? That seems... really odd. RE4 is bigger than that at 11GB.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Boxman posted:

Well, definitely don't get MGR unless you're already versed in action games, and even then maybe not. It has the standard "difficult action game" of having a first boss fight hard enough to get people to quit!

Game's fantastic though. You start the game by fighting a Metal Gear. :black101:

MGR was my first introduction to both Metal Gear and character action games. It's probably great to get into the genre of games by starting at the best. Platinum pride themselves on being accessible to new players.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Don't ever worry if you think you're not good enough to get Metal Gear Rising. I am the awful player the game was made to still accommodate. I never played a platinum game before so I never knew how to parry until Monsoon, and I went the whole game without buying defensive offense.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Playing Binary Domain and it feels like it's going to turn into Vanquish any minute now. I love how these Japanese developed games always portray Americans as "God, God, God" God speed, God Bless, fighting for God, everything about God.

They ain't that far off.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

AfricanBootyShine posted:

I'm going to drop my unprompted opinion and say that I don't understand all the hype around GTA5. I put a few hours into it and it felt like the same poo poo that Rockstar's been selling since Vice City. Everything GTA 5 did had been done better by Sleeping Dogs or Saint's Row 3.

It's just super popular because it's gif bait and it has a huge marketing campaign. It's like Call of Duty without the incessant hate.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I have the Steam Holiday Sale cards 3, 4, 5 and 8 if anyone needs them. Please add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Phorrum/

I don't need anything for them, I don't even try to craft badges and the pennies they're worth are... well... pennies to me. So it's no big deal at all to give them away. I'll edit this post when any of them are taken.

Edit: Card #4 is Gogogogone.
Edit: Card #5 and #8 are Gone.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 1, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just have Holiday Card #3 left to give away. Kind words out to Dr Angela Ziegler for the Oh... Sir! Insult Simulator gift. Downloading it right now.

Also, Ziggurat buddies!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Doom will always come up higher on my list, there's always next sale to grab Watch Dogs 2 and it can only get cheaper from here.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

StrixNebulosa posted:

That's Doom pinball, not Doom.

My mistake, carry on.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't know how long left we have on the sale, but you should definitely consider picking up Binary Domain. It's $3.99 and I've been having a blast with it. You'll want to buy the collection, though, the one with DLC bundled in because that's the thing that's discounted, not the base game.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/27824/

Here's a good video talking about what makes it so good, might have spoilers but the big ones are telegraphed so you can skip them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j66cTc95XK8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I still have Sale Cards 3, 7 & 8. If anyone needs them you can have them. Don't need anything in return.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Phorrum

Also I totally just went against myself and got Homefront the revolution anyway. I'm way too curious to see how it pans out over the first Homefront. And watching videos about it won't do it justice for me.

• Locked thread