Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?
Sure, if they be nailed to a golden horse.
I'm sure many already know this, but for those that don't know you can get extra discounts on certain games if they are included in a bundle and you already own some or most of the items in the bundle. For instance, there is a Borderlands bundle with all of the games + dlc for the first one. If you own all of those except Tales, you can buy the bundles and get that game at the bundle discount without having to pay for the other items. This also erases the problem for a lot of games with DLC bundles if you just own the base game and want to snag the dlc at a low price. Pretty freaking neato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Hey guys, so I'm cleaning out my humble library and going to dump the dupe games here on the forums. Does it make more sense to include the keys, or to paste the gift links you can generate in the library. I promise it's not all garbage.

I think most people just post the keys themselves but I'd say whatever is easiest for you.

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?

Nathyrra posted:

Gift links, supposedly there's bots that trawl for keys!

Didn't think of that, good suggestion! Do this.

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?

Benagain posted:

I'm going back and forth on getting the steam controller and link, anyone have words on that? Been looking at the reviews and since I'm looking to play a lot of turn based games from the comfort of my couch I figure it meets my needs. I like shooters but I can switch back to mouse + keyboard.

Can't comment on the link but I love the steam controller after cutting my teeth on it. And you do have to cut your teeth. I kind of hated the thing at first but I also started using it in Rocket League after playing that for months with an xbox controller. For the smoothest learning curve possible I would suggest using it to play a third person game you haven't played before. Eventually it becomes second nature and I now prefer it over the xbox and ps4 controllers.

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?

The Lowdog posted:

I actually got a steam controller for Christmas and am still in the process of getting used to it; any third person games in particular you would recommend that I pick up during the final hours of the sale?

If you are looking for value then Tomb Raider (2013) and any of the Batman Arkham games are all really cheap right now.

If you don't mind dropping $20-30 then The Witcher 3 (dlc is worth it) is my favorite game ever, and Grand Theft Auto V is also great.

Plastic Goldbaby fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 2, 2017

• Locked thread