Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Oh for sure, just make sure to get the scholar of the first sin version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Son of Rodney posted:

Looking forward to it since I currently have a lot of free time.

SO maybe someone can help me: I need a nice time-sink strategy kind of game, something like rollercoaster tycoon, rimworld, anno, dwarf fortress, X tycoon etc. I've played a lot of these games but I propably missed some greats. I'd be thankful for any hints of what I should look for in the sale. Planet coaster is one, but I doubt it'll get big savings.

Have you played Cities Skylines?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Man how are the finalists in "Test of Time" Civ V, Terraria, and Skyrim? Those shits aren't even old. At least TF2 is coming up on ten years, and AoE II is genuinely old. My investment in this "Steam Awards" is compromised.

Holy poo poo, I forgot about that--I was super bummed when I checked out my list and saw that 80% of the 160 games on my list weren't even on sale.

AoE being there is funniest part because its like yeah this game really stands the test of time that's why it needed an hd remake right?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Jan. 2nd

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
In what way?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Relin posted:

i assume steam is doing better all the time? just personally, i don't really see friends buy games during the big sales any more. and they aren't big game hoarders like me. and i'm in the age range of people who spend the most on games

nothing on my 20 item wishlist is even 50% off. i know it's the same song and dance about sales being worse every time but there's my 2 cents

Do you think it might be that, being a big game hoarder, you've already bought most of the games that interest you?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Justin_Brett posted:

What's the port of Dark Souls II like?

Pretty much the best in the series.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Enourmo posted:

I've read that Dark Souls PC is a crap port, still worth playing?

Yeah, there is a fan patch that makes it good. Look up DSFix if you pick it up.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

StealthArcher posted:

Yeah gently caress casuals and their filthy hands on my videogames.

This seems like an unusual interpretation of what they said? If anything its the opposite, as the die hard fans of the original would be the most used to the usual xcom style of slowly and meticulously combing the map, and thus have the most jarring reaction to the change in pace.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The witness is great, but not really anything like Braid. Totally different puzzle mechanic, no story and takes about 10 times as long to complete. Would highly recommend anyways though.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Det_no posted:

I'm fairly sure some publishers have realized they can bait and switch people by selling cheaper during other sales and then tone down the discounts during the Christmas sale. I imagine most people assume this sale has the lowest prices ever so they just buy stuff and publishers get to sell low when games wouldn't be moving otherwise on top of taking a bit off the top during Christmas.

I think its more that they realized that they don't have to practically give their product away for people to buy it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Why is it so expensive?

Some indie devs who makes games that appeal to a very small niche tend to price their games at a bit of a premium. Its an outdated mindset imo, but hey whatever works for them.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ularg posted:

How is the Steam version of Resident Evil 4? All I want it to do is run well on my machine and let me use a controller with controller prompts.

Very solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Shovel knight is the best one on that list, but its not a metroidvania, so if you're looking for that I'd go with axiom verge or ori.

• Locked thread