Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
:toxx: Doom 2016 you're mine if you're $20 or less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Pindakaas posted:

So I should not expect Witcher 3 goty to get any lower than 40% off later in the sale like in the past right? It's been a while since my last sale event.

Correct

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Bob James posted:

I bought 3 games and had to download 120 gb. Thanks DOOM!

At least your top download speed isn't 5MB/s like mine!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Finally bit the bullet on Subnautica and it turns out, I don't like it! First purchase and refund of this sale.

I played for an hour and looked up a few videos on useful tips for new players, and I guess I've just grown out of love for survival games. Collecting parts to make subparts to make gear and also having to cook food. One video told me that if you eat too much of one type of food it's bad for you? No thanks I'll try something else.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Girlfriend gave me a $20 steam card so I picked up ABZU, Oceanhorn, LISA, and Dawn of Discovery. :) I've only played ABZU so far and it's chill as hell, how are my other picks? I know goons love LISA for the most part. How's Oceanhorn?

e. vvv I bought them each separately in case I wanted to refund anything. Hopefully I like it!

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 29, 2016

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Rd Rash 1000cc posted:

I bought ocean horn on ps4 when it came out. I was so excited that it looks like a zelda clone. Sadly the puzzles aren't hard , the combat isn't complex at all. And by the time I reached the magic abilitys I lost interest.

I played for 40 minutes and decided to refund it. One goon said the controls were awkward and I somewhat agree. What I couldn't get over was how loud certain sounds were versus others. When I jumped down from a ledge it sounded like the sound was recorded in a different manner than other noises, just jarring. The music was pretty good.

The combat though, I agree with you. Too simple and the animations look lame. Whoever pointed out that it's a port of an IOS game didn't really need to do so because it's pretty obvious after playing for a bit. Thankfully my girlfriend got me the newest Zelda game for the 3DS because this game was disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
DOOM has a demo

• Locked thread