Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cantorsdust posted:

Reminder that if you're disappointed or leery of Streum On's Deathwing, their classic E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy routinely goes on sale nearly every Steam sale for $1.

This actually isn't true anymore. It's been 2.50 the last few sales.

It's still cheap but there has definitely been a move away from the insanely low prices of years past. Now they are merely very low. You don't see 98% off sales anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's not really true that you can just buy blindly on day 1 and get the best price.

Last year and during the summer sale there were publisher sales where stuff went cheaper during the sale.

If you don't want to play something when you buy it, wait until the last day of the sale / for it to go on a further sale. This is especially true for big publishers like Ubisoft / Activision / etc.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Krazyface posted:

It's a little heavy, but have you heard the good news about Twilight Struggle?

How is this as a pc game. Does it have AI / is the AI total garbage?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Risky Bisquick posted:

Add me to steam jm20lljk friendo, I'll throw you a copy of this bad roguelike lol

I don't need bad roguelikes (as you can see, I own all of them already even if I don't ever have time to play them), but added you anyway!

anyway some other stuff:

Jamfrost is amazing and got me Windward. I've had this on the wishlist forever but just never pulled the trigger. Looking forward to trying it out.

Indie game darling Stephen's Sausage Roll is on sale! It's only 20% off, but I'm sorely tempted by it.

Here is my current cart other than Stephen's Sausage Roll. Tell me what isn't worth keeping in the cart.

Sokobond - puzzle game by the You Built a Snowman guy
Tales of Symphonia - I generally bounce off of JRPGs but man I just want one to click with me again
Age of Gladiators - I like sports management games a lot. the idea of a gladiator sports management game has me rock hard
Akin - a puzzle game where you draw a line. I like basic puzzle games like Lyne and Hexcells and whatnot a lot, this seems like it has that aesthetic / style
Siralim - pokemon on the PC with random dungeons?
Circa Infinity - this looks like an insane platformer and I like weird games
Abzu - walking (swimming) simulator by the guy who made Journey?
Turok - I said I would buy this when it hit 5$, so ... I'm not sure how much Kaiser gets out of this, but I hope it's something
ASDAD: All Star Dungeons and Diamonds - this looks like a pretty fun coop puzzle game I could play with my kid

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

yo, reread his post

Anyway for an actual suggestion - Spelunky is a fantastic couch co-op game. I also really liked Hammerwatch and Forced (though I dunno if Forced is more than 2 players). TowerFall Ascension is good too. Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed is pretty good if you've got a big TV. Nidhogg is great... even if it's for 2 players the games are super fast so you can move around the controller a bunch. Divekick is similar in that regard. Brawlhalla is basically a super smash bros for the PC (it's F2P with DLC or whatever... I was in the beta and then never put money into it and it still occasionally gets pulled out).

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
MSG V for 10.80$ over on GameBillet. Use the code Wintersale to knock a couple bucks off the $13.50 sticker price. Credit card (and bitcoin) only.

https://www.gamebillet.com/uk/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain.html?search=phantom%20pain

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

grrarg posted:

I'm in the mood for a turn-based dungeon crawler. Can anyone recommend one that isn't one of the usual suspects like Darkest Dungeon, Legend of Grimrock, Might & Magic X, or the Wizardries? I've played all of those.

Lords of Xulima is pretty awesome but it's not a first person view and not strictly dungeons.

In the vein of Grimrock there's StarCrawlers and Fall of the Dungeon Guardians, but I haven't played them yet myself.

If you're willing to emulate and move away from Steam, a lot of people missed out on the Dark Spire for the DS. It's a great little Wizardry clone in the 1-5 style rather than the 6-7 or 8 style.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I liked Amalur but I ran into a game crash bug maybe 8 or 9 hours in that killed my save and thus my interest in the game.

It's too bad because it was actually pretty good for a mindless game to play while you're watching TV or something.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Some off-steam deals.

Doom for $20CAD / $10GBP / $15USD on Gamersgate (the worst named site but otherwise pretty reputable)

Fallout 4 for $20CAD / $15USD on GameBillet

I think I'm going to grab Fallout 4. I would get Doom but my brother picked it up off steam and we have family sharing set up.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's not quite as bad, but in the same zipcode as, taking credit for loving terrorism in today's climate

:lol:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Witness is amazing. Paid full price for it (or close enough) and I would highly recommend it.

Nothing like Braid though, except in that there's some really obscure hidden stuff that adds meaning / shows how smart Blow is. I didn't really like Braid because I don't like puzzle platformers very much. I love the core Witness gameplay though.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 23, 2016

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
FYI. I am giving away ~400 steam videogames.

The rules for getting the videogames are in this thread on PGS: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802816

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Objective Action posted:

I had some spare keys going to waste and this seems like the place to put them this time of year.

Consider me standing on the tracks throwing rocks at the windows as the gift train goes past...my metaphor kind of fell apart there but you get the idea!

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII
E%G72-*ZEFP-LTRI2

These are some good rear end games. I snagged FF13, because I've been staring at it for a while now on PS3 and I hear it is a Good JRPG. Thanks!

(go take some game from my thread)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm giving away ~400 games to people who know how to FOLLOW THE RULES :)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802816

It's a bit of a delayed response because Christmas, but lots of good games have already been taken and there remain lots of great games to be given away.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I continue to slowly give away games - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802816&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Lots of great games still left! And lots of games that corn in the bible would probably play.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't knew if the bundle is worth it but mannnn I want to gush about that game. I never played L4D when that was the hot game but from what I've been told it's basically the same thing but Vermintide has melee.

It is super duper fun playing as the two characters I've played as so far. The wizard just wrecks everything and gets all the headshots, while the dwarf can absolutely smash rats from the front lines.

The rolling for items is kind of lame, but other than that I'm loving it.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MMF Freeway posted:

Some indie devs who makes games that appeal to a very small niche tend to price their games at a bit of a premium. Its an outdated mindset imo, but hey whatever works for them.

his previous game (English Country Tune) was incredibly cheap. I guess he's trying something different this time around.

I just played some ECT. They're very similar in terms of puzzle mechanics. It's a good game but yeah my brain isn't good enough at navigating space puzzles to justify paying for the sausage roll.

e: posting a cart list to see if there are any games people have thoughts about

ASDAD: All-Stars Dungeons and Diamonds
The Floor is Jelly
Twilight Struggle
Tormentum - Dark Sorrow
Pinball FX2 - Portal ®
GAMES by Anatoliy Loginovskikh - Includes 3 items: The Last Error, The Magical Silence, The Big Elk
KNIGHTS
Immortal Defense
The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 29, 2016

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Flamebreak is a really good BoI clone. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes this type of game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUv0mKKLv1A

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Shovel Knight is the clear winner in that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jordan7hm posted:

e: posting a cart list to see if there are any games people have thoughts about

ASDAD: All-Stars Dungeons and Diamonds
GAMES by Anatoliy Loginovskikh - Includes 3 items: The Last Error
Immortal Defense

Initial thoughts on some games

ASDAD is fine for what it is, but what it is is a boring pacman 2 player game with no monsters. I would have refunded it if it wasn't all of a buck.

The Last Error is a distillation of the platformer genre. It has 7 different "styles" of platformer and each style has a set of levels to get through. I gave up once the levels got too hard for me. My favorite was the foot, which has an infinitely tall hit box and can only move during the step action (a jump, basically). I think this is probably worth your money and 30 minutes, particularly if you're good at platformers.

Immortal Defense was really good and fun. It's an interesting take on the TD genre with more story and more moment to moment player engagement besides just clicking "next wave".

e: The Big Elk is a weird shooter that isn't very fun because it's not clear what you need to shoot and you're constantly short on ammo. There's a backpack to get more ammo but you need to wait during a cooldown and it sucks.

Also the tutorial is one of the weirdest worst tutorials I've ever played. It shows you the controls but not the purpose.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 30, 2016

• Locked thread